driver mismatch or not?

Old September 19th 08, 09:56 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Beemer

Default driver mismatch or not?

Using Inno3D 8800GT and Control Panel Classic which reports that all driver
files are 6.14.11.7519 except for :

nview.dll
nvshell.dll
nvwdmcpl.dll

which are 6.14.10.11175

I also have Nvidia System Monitor, Performance and System monitor
installed.

Is there any conflict with these older (but latest) files?

regards,

Beemer

Old September 19th 08, 10:12 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
deimos[_2_]

Beemer wrote:
Using Inno3D 8800GT and Control Panel Classic which reports that all driver
files are 6.14.11.7519 except for :

nview.dll
nvshell.dll
nvwdmcpl.dll

which are 6.14.10.11175

I also have Nvidia System Monitor, Performance and System monitor
installed.

Is there any conflict with these older (but latest) files?

regards,

Beemer

Haven't noticed that with 177.98. 175.19 was a re-released whql driver
however and the original one was recalled (profiles missing and such).
Still those are mostly non-critical files, so unless things are
crashing, you should be ok.

It's probably best to avoid that particular version though. The 177.83,
92, and 98's have been rock solid on my 8800GT; so give them a try if
the version mismatch makes you nervous.
Old September 19th 08, 10:49 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Beemer

"deimos" deimos@localhost wrote in message
Beemer wrote:
[...]

Deimos,

The reason I asked is because the new control panel would not appear.
Everytime I started it, it looked as if only the performance tabs were
visible. I then suspected the different file versions. ( I had used all
this groups recommened driver cleaning)

I'm now wondering after using the sedonadisable reg fix to get the old
control panel, if the same "extra" side tab in old panel was in fact there
but unnoticed by me in the new panel?

I wanted to keep the Performance upgrade as it provides a 8800 fan control
without firmware flashing.

As a side issue I am curious as to how the original finder of the control
panel reg fix managed to learn of the "sedonadisable"=2 Dword. I assume he
must be an insider and I am grateful for the info.

regards,

Beemer

Old September 21st 08, 03:28 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
deimos[_2_]

Beemer wrote:
[...]

I've always had trouble enabling the classic panel. If fan control is
an issue, I recommend RivaTuner instead as it has more capable profile
abilities and can set low level (i.e. driver initialized) fan speeds.
There are several guides around for it.