nVidia 8600GT and MoH-Airborne and Dx9c

Old March 25th 08, 06:27 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Phil Rhodes[_2_]

Default nVidia 8600GT and MoH-Airborne and Dx9c

I enjoyed Medal of Honor-Pacific Assault so I bought Medal of
Honor-Airborne, but when I tried to play it, I get error message "cannot
find d3dx9_31.dll"
I'm using nVidia 8600GT and DirectX 9c and I'm guessing that I need Dx10 in
order to solve the problem or that I need to re-install my old Nvidia 6600GT
(since I don't have a strong Dx10 system):
Windows XP SP2
Intel P4 3.0
nvidia 8600GT - 71.84 drivers
1 Gig RAM
Yes, I tried to Google the .dll file but that wasn't much help. And I'm
beginning to understand why folks are switching to Xbox and Playstation,
etc.

Old March 25th 08, 07:09 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Mr.E Solved!

Phil Rhodes wrote:

I enjoyed Medal of Honor-Pacific Assault so I bought Medal of
Honor-Airborne, but when I tried to play it, I get error message "cannot
find d3dx9_31.dll"

Re-install DirectX.

(since I don't have a strong Dx10 system):
Windows XP SP2

You don't have any DX10, Vista only.

Intel P4 3.0

Update your chipset drivers too.

nvidia 8600GT - 71.84 drivers

71.84 are dated March 11th, 2005. Your drivers are over a thousand days old.

Yes, I tried to Google the .dll file but that wasn't much help.

I googled "cannot find d3dx9_31.dll" and learned exactly what I needed
to know, I then added "Medal of Honor Airborne" to the search and I got
sent to a page where a german user was reporting the same problem, which
he solved.

And I'm
beginning to understand why folks are switching to Xbox and Playstation,
etc.

Me too! Consoles reward intellectual sloth, lazy people across the globe
find that appealing, and affordable.

Old March 25th 08, 09:00 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Phil Rhodes[_2_]

Thank you for the kind words and information. I had forgotten that Dx10 was
for Vista only. Our German friends comments led me to Dll-files.com where I
found the missing file. However, now I'm getting "cannot find XINPUT1_3.dll
so I must jump through more hoops (yes, I am lazy .
MoH-Airborne had better be a good game.

Old March 25th 08, 09:20 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Paul

Phil Rhodes wrote:
Thank you for the kind words and information. I had forgotten that Dx10 was
for Vista only. Our German friends comments led me to Dll-files.com where I
found the missing file. However, now I'm getting "cannot find XINPUT1_3.dll
so I must jump through more hoops (yes, I am lazy .
MoH-Airborne had better be a good game.

That sound strangely reminiscent of a Win2K problem. Since Win2K isn't
kept up to date any more, I end up reading stuff like this.

http://www.techspot.com/blog/87/fix-...-windows-2000/

I found a copy of XINPUT1_3.dll in one of the DX9 cab files.

Paul

Old March 26th 08, 01:23 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Mr.E Solved!

Phil Rhodes wrote:

I found it at http://www.dll-files.com and now, finally, the game runs.

Wow, good job, I didn't think you could do it, you just needed a nudge
in the right direction, that's all!

Re-install DirectX anyway:

http://www.softwarepatch.com/windows/directx.html

(has link to MSFT DX direct download)

Old March 26th 08, 04:43 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
First of One[_2_]

....only to discover MoH Airborne isn't that good of a game.

"Phil Rhodes" wrote in message
. ..
I found it at http://www.dll-files.com and now, finally, the game runs.