Dual Video Cards PCI and AGP

Old November 20th 07, 10:17 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
miked85

Default Dual Video Cards PCI and AGP

Currently I am running a 7800GS APG and a FX5500 PCI simultaneously
utilizing three monitors and am having issues pluging in a TV. When i
bought the PCI card to add a third monitor, i wasn't sure if it would
even work. Has anyone ever attempted this before? No game i've even
been able to get on two monitors. My question is can i run a tv while
not disrupting the three displays? when i activate the tv it takes the
middle display to the tv and mixes up the other 2 displays. Is there a
better way of achieving what i want without upgrading my motherboard?
Thank you very very much for your time and knowledge!

-Mike Donahue

P4 3.2 GHz Prescott
3GB DDR400
2x74GB Raptor RAID 0
GeForce 7800GS 256mb
GeForce FX5500 128mb
3x Samsung 17" 172N

Old November 21st 07, 03:15 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
First of One[_2_]

"miked85" wrote in message
Currently I am running a 7800GS APG and a FX5500 PCI simultaneously
utilizing three monitors and am having issues pluging in a TV. When i
bought the PCI card to add a third monitor, i wasn't sure if it would
even work. Has anyone ever attempted this before?

So you have two monitors plugged into the 7800GS, and the third monitor
plugged into the FX5500. Now you are trying to drive the TV from the FX5500,
correct?

No game i've even been able to get on two monitors.

If you have two monitors on one card set up in clone mode, the games should
show up on both monitors. If you want to span a game across two monitors
(wrap-around like), it will require specific game support. Most games won't
span.

My question is can i run a tv while
not disrupting the three displays? when i activate the tv it takes the
middle display to the tv and mixes up the other 2 displays.

You need to explain this in detail.

Is there a better way of achieving what i want without upgrading my
motherboard? Thank you very very much for your time and knowledge!

Motherboard has nothing to do with this. You need two GPUs to drive three
monitors.