GENFORCE 6200 AND SONY VAIO DESKTOP PROBLEMS

Old September 23rd 07, 01:17 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
atlantic965

Default GENFORCE 6200 AND SONY VAIO DESKTOP PROBLEMS

This is my PC:

http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/mod...=VGCRB49&LOC=3

This is card I bought

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...6106&CatId=933

I uninstalled the factory video drivers but then plugged in new gf
6200 256mb ddr2 card and my computer will not see the new card. I
cannot change in CMOS my video card anywhere. I do not see a jumper
for the video on the motherboard.

Old September 23rd 07, 03:13 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Mr.E Solved!

atlantic965 wrote:
This is my PC:

http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/mod...=VGCRB49&LOC=3

This is card I bought

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...6106&CatId=933

I uninstalled the factory video drivers but then plugged in new gf
6200 256mb ddr2 card and my computer will not see the new card. I
cannot change in CMOS my video card anywhere. I do not see a jumper
for the video on the motherboard.

Your PC has the Intel 915G based mobo, which has onboard graphics.

You must shut off, uninstall and then disable any pointers to the
onboard video. This must occur in your OS (Vista? XP?) and in your BIOS
(CMOS).

The 6200 might be a "TC" version which shares system memory, this also
needs to be accommodated in the BIOS by AGP aperture or some other
memory specific setting peculiar to Vaios. HTH.

Old September 23rd 07, 09:37 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
atlantic965

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...m-details.asp?...

I uninstalled the factory video drivers but then plugged in new gf
6200 256mb ddr2 card and my computer will not see the new card. I
cannot change in CMOS my video card anywhere. I do not see a jumper
for the video on the motherboard.

Your PC has the Intel 915G based mobo, which has onboard graphics.

You must shut off, uninstall and then disable any pointers to the
onboard video. This must occur in your OS (Vista? XP?) and in your BIOS
(CMOS).

The 6200 might be a "TC" version which shares system memory, this also
needs to be accommodated in the BIOS by AGP aperture or some other
memory specific setting peculiar to Vaios. HTH.- Hide quoted text -

I am using XP. The CMOS on this PC is very basic. Nothing about video.