Bioshock

Old September 7th 07, 12:12 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Moo

Default Bioshock

My PC is getting a little old now but I really want to play bioshock so
I've been trying out the demo.

I've got:

P4 3.2
1.5 gig DDR ram
Abit IC7 mobo
AGP 6800 GT

Unfortunately it just runs a bit poo, I've dropped the res to 1024x768,
lowered most of the settings but it still slows down a fair bit when
there's any action which usually results in me getting a smack round the
back of my head by some mask wearing fool.

Running the 162.18 drivers, gonna try the beta ones see if they make
much difference shortly.

Given the mobo I have etc (no pci-e, DDR2 etc) I'm limited to what I can
upgrade, as when I do replaced the kit it'll all have to be done.

Any suggestions?

--

My blog - http://degeneratemoo.livejournal.com
Old September 7th 07, 12:28 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Patrick Vervoorn

In article ,
Moo wrote:
My PC is getting a little old now but I really want to play bioshock so
I've been trying out the demo.

I've got:

P4 3.2
1.5 gig DDR ram
Abit IC7 mobo
AGP 6800 GT

Unfortunately it just runs a bit poo, I've dropped the res to 1024x768,
lowered most of the settings but it still slows down a fair bit when
there's any action which usually results in me getting a smack round the
back of my head by some mask wearing fool.

Running the 162.18 drivers, gonna try the beta ones see if they make
much difference shortly.

Given the mobo I have etc (no pci-e, DDR2 etc) I'm limited to what I can
upgrade, as when I do replaced the kit it'll all have to be done.

Any suggestions?

I have a somewhat similar setup: P4-2.4, 1GB memory, Gigabyte 8PE667 Ultra
mainboard (or something to that effect). However, my card is a 7600GT with
256MB of memory.

I've lowered the settings quite a bit, but am running at 1680x1050
widescreen, and it performs acceptable for me, although I'm looking
forward to finalizing the order of my new gaming rig, to try it out on
that (Q6600/2G/8800GTX).

The 7600GT is priced quite affordable, so perhaps that's an option. Others
in the group can perhaps fill you in on what the fastest available AGP
card is, if you want to invest more money.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Patrick.
Old September 8th 07, 12:04 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Marni[_2_]

"Patrick Vervoorn" wrote in
message l...

The 7600GT is priced quite affordable, so perhaps that's an option. Others
in the group can perhaps fill you in on what the fastest available AGP
card is, if you want to invest more money.

Definitely wrong group, but here goes:
Fastest AGP card is the ATI X1950 XT. Can you live with a little less
performance,
but also a much lower pricetag there's the ATI X1950 Pro.
Still overall faster than my AGP Gainward 7800GS+ (7900GT gpu)....

Old September 8th 07, 03:18 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Beladi Nasralla

On Sep 7, 8:12 pm, Moo
wrote:
My PC is getting a little old now but I really want to play bioshock so
I've been trying out the demo.

I've got:

P4 3.2
1.5 gig DDR ram
Abit IC7 mobo
AGP 6800 GT

Unfortunately it just runs a bit poo, I've dropped the res to 1024x768,
lowered most of the settings but it still slows down a fair bit when
there's any action which usually results in me getting a smack round the
back of my head by some mask wearing fool.

Running the 162.18 drivers, gonna try the beta ones see if they make
much difference shortly.

Given the mobo I have etc (no pci-e, DDR2 etc) I'm limited to what I can
upgrade, as when I do replaced the kit it'll all have to be done.

Any suggestions?

I run Bioshock on 7600GT. It runs al'right with my 1440x900 screen.
I've seen the test results that the 6800GT has a half of the power
compared with 7600GT (the fps is half when running HL2 or Doom 3).

7600GT should cost around US$70 (PCI-E). It comes in AGP vesrion, too.

Bioshock Marni[_2_] Nvidia Videocards 11 September 4th 07 07:51 AM
Bioshock tweak guide Andrew Nvidia Videocards 0 August 29th 07 08:52 AM
Bioshock Hotfix is 97 MB! First of One[_2_] Ati Videocards 0 August 21st 07 11:26 PM
FIRST *EVER* VIDEO OF BIOSHOCK AirRaid Mach 2.5 Nvidia Videocards 4 September 22nd 06 12:52 AM
FIRST *EVER* VIDEO OF BIOSHOCK AirRaid Mach 2.5 Ati Videocards 4 September 22nd 06 12:52 AM