S-Video Out/RealPlayer problem

Old August 27th 07, 05:40 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,24hoursupport.helpdesk
PeteR

Default S-Video Out/RealPlayer problem

I have a Geforce 7300 GS and am trying to use the S-video out
facility.
I have connected to TV and all seems fine until I play something with
RealPlayer or Windows Media Player and then the actual video output
from the application is just black on the TV screen - but OK on the
monitor.

Any ideas?

--
PeteR

Old August 27th 07, 11:23 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
deimos[_2_]

PeteR wrote:
I have a Geforce 7300 GS and am trying to use the S-video out
facility.
I have connected to TV and all seems fine until I play something with
RealPlayer or Windows Media Player and then the actual video output
from the application is just black on the TV screen - but OK on the
monitor.

Any ideas?

That's the video overlay being limited to one display. Use DualView
instead of clone view. Use the TV as a 2nd display. This gives the app
fullscreen overlay on whatever screen is in focus.
Old August 28th 07, 04:55 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,24hoursupport.helpdesk
DanR

"PeteR" wrote in message
I have a Geforce 7300 GS and am trying to use the S-video out
facility.
I have connected to TV and all seems fine until I play something with
RealPlayer or Windows Media Player and then the actual video output
from the application is just black on the TV screen - but OK on the
monitor.

Any ideas?

--
PeteR

Maybe it's an "overlay" problem. Try this if you're using XP.
Open WMP. Click "Tools / Options / Performance / Advanced.
Uncheck "Use overlays".
Overlays also keep one from doing frame grabs. When you copy to clipboard
you end up with black square.
I've seen this setting NOT STICK in WMP.
And... I don't see this setting using WMP in Vista. Looks like my Vista
WMP11 does not use overlays.
(& no advanced menu button)

Old August 28th 07, 08:54 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,24hoursupport.helpdesk
PeteR

On Tue, 28 Aug 2007 03:55:17 GMT, "DanR"
wrote:

"PeteR" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Excellent many thanks - also to Deimos - seems to have solved (for now
;-)
--
PeteR

Realplayer Lez Pawl General 2 October 27th 06 12:26 PM
Realplayer vs Windows Media Player behavior Ken Cdr 1 July 22nd 05 07:29 PM
RealPlayer Tony Dell Computers 1 August 21st 04 11:31 PM
Off-topic...RealPlayer 10 HistoryFan Dell Computers 2 February 18th 04 06:45 PM
OT - Realplayer dA mAn Overclocking AMD Processors 3 September 22nd 03 10:02 AM