Windows XP Pro 64 bit sucks at multi-tasking !!!

Old July 6th 07, 10:00 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
Skybuck Flying

Default Windows XP Pro 64 bit sucks at multi-tasking !!!

Hello,

It get lot's of freezes when loading files, opening applications, browsing
the web, etc, etc, etc, etc.

Not much of an multi task operating system is it ???????????????????????????

Can't do anything else while it's doing it's ****.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old July 7th 07, 02:22 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
Major Ninth

If this isnt a troll post - then I would check for driver incompatibilities.
Sounds like driver timeouts and error paths.

-john

"Skybuck Flying" wrote in message
Hello,

It get lot's of freezes when loading files, opening applications, browsing
the web, etc, etc, etc, etc.

Not much of an multi task operating system is it
???????????????????????????

Old July 7th 07, 03:19 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
KCB

Sorry for the x-post guys, but I don't know where Major Ninth is posting
from, and I wanted to make sure he knows what a loser Skybuck is. He
belongs in your killfile, Major.

Old July 7th 07, 04:29 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
Skybuck Flying

Hmmmmmmmmm.

Suddenly I wonder if Windows XP Pro 64 bit has a ForeGround Application
Boost option like Windows XP Pro 32 bit has.

If it's enabled that might explain the poor multi-task quality of XP64 bit.

Gonna see if I can find something for 64 bit windows.

Maybe disabling the boost will give better multi tasking quality.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old July 7th 07, 04:32 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
Skybuck Flying

Yup:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/259025

I had program option enabled, switched it to background processes =D

Hopefully now better multi tasking experience me thinks so.

I had that on windows 32 bit as well worked like a charm.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old July 7th 07, 05:09 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
JAD[_3_]

"what a set up post" find a solution- then create a question- lastly answering it
yourself..

Old July 7th 07, 06:31 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
GMAN[_3_]

In article , "Skybuck Flying" wrote:
Hello,

It get lot's of freezes when loading files, opening applications, browsing
the web, etc, etc, etc, etc.

Not much of an multi task operating system is it ???????????????????????????

Can't do anything else while it's doing it's ****.

Bye,
Skybuck.

And we cant seem to do anything else while we have to read your ****. You
obviousely have something configured wrong. You take a perfectly working PC an
always seem to f%ck with it consistently till you screw something up. I bet
you still have the Sounblaster card sandwiched right in between those SLI
Nvidia cards.
Old July 7th 07, 07:40 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
Skybuck Flying

"GMAN" wrote in message
In article , "Skybuck Flying"
wrote:
Hello,

It get lot's of freezes when loading files, opening applications, browsing
the web, etc, etc, etc, etc.

Not much of an multi task operating system is it
???????????????????????????

Can't do anything else while it's doing it's ****.

Bye,
Skybuck.

And we cant seem to do anything else while we have to read your ****. You
obviousely have something configured wrong. You take a perfectly working
PC an
always seem to f%ck with it consistently till you screw something up. I
bet
you still have the Sounblaster card sandwiched right in between those SLI
Nvidia cards.

Best sandwhich I ever had and still have LOL

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old July 7th 07, 08:22 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Kevin Weaver

And finding it, posting it, and then confirm it, reboot machine to confirm
it's working. All in under 3 mins.

1st post was at 8:29am then the find at 8:32 am