AMD Athlon64 X2 3600+ Overheating

Old June 22nd 07, 02:28 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
herbstleyd

Default AMD Athlon64 X2 3600+ Overheating

Hi,

I bought a new computer last month, and It seems like if he was
overheating. Games were crashing often, and more often after a crash. I
changed the fan for a Zalman last weekend and it didn't solve the
problem, but it helped. Now my CPU temperature is near 40 on idle, it
was near 50 before I installed the Zalman fan. Note, the Zalman fan is
at maximum speed. I loaded BIOS default because i though it was caused
by some settings that has been changed for my ram (DDR2 Voltage 1.95V)

Anyone got an idea why my cpu is overheating ?

Check the link for temperature/fan/voltage
'[img=http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/2812/cputempti6.th.jpg]'
(http://img513.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cputempti6.jpg)

Thanks, and sorry for my bad english.
Guillaume

COMPUTER SPECS
AMD Athlon64 X2 3600+ (Brisbane)
Zalman CNPS9500 (1350-2600RPM 18-27.5DBA)
ASUS M2N-PLUS SLI
2 X 1024 DDR2 800 OCZ Platinium
1 X XFX Geforce 8600 GTS XXX (256 meg)
1 X 80GB WD SATA
1 X 250GB Seagate SATA

--
herbstleyd
herbstleyd's Profile: http://www.futurehardware.in/members/3973.htm

http://www.futurehardware.in

Old June 22nd 07, 03:53 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
General Schvantzkoph

On Fri, 22 Jun 2007 06:58:24 +0530, herbstleyd wrote:

[...]

40 degrees sounds fine, what's the temperature under load?

I suspect your problem is with your RAM not the CPU. Try setting the RAM
speed to 667 in the BIOS.
Old June 22nd 07, 08:16 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
Ant

My CPU can go up to 151(F) degrees and down to 120(F) degrees [stock CPU
fan blowing at 6K RPM] in a hot weather. So, I doubt temperatures are a
problem for you. Check the temperatures under load like the general said.

Check the video card too.

On 6/21/2007 6:28 PM PT, herbstleyd wrote:

[...]

"It doesn't matter what your D&D manual says, you did not get 5
experience points for killing the giant ant in your kitchen." --BBspot's
Geek Horoscopes (7/30/2004)
/\___/\
\ _ / Remove ANT from e-mail address: NT
( ) or