Video Corrupt 6800 GT OC

Old June 19th 07, 12:46 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Fitz[_2_]

Default Video Corrupt 6800 GT OC

System:
AMD64 3200+ (764 pin)
Abit NF-8 v.2 motherboard
2 X 512MB Mushkin PC3500 memory
2 X 36 GB Sata Raptor Harddrives (RAID 0)
120GB Maxtor IDE drive (storage)
BFG Geforce 6800 GT OC
M-Audio Revolution 7.1 soundcard
Plextor DVD RW

Case ambient temp 50 C
Video card temp after reboot 71 C

During gameplay (World of Warcraft, only game loaded), after 5-30 min.
video corrupts to gray and black checkerboard pattern, but I can still
hear sound. If left alone, computer will reboot to desktop. Event Viewer
shows no errors, however I do get under "System" Event 2, nvatabus,
usually 3 to 4 instances, all with the same time stamp. This may be
happening during reboot, as Properties says "Device Discovered".

I have run a video stability test and Aquamark 3D, both ran fine. I have
run 3 passes of Memtest86 with no errors. I have made sure the memory
was limited to 200MHZ to match the motherboard. I have tried different
DDR voltages from 2.65 to 2.8 with no difference. I have tried
allocating 3GB virtual memory instead of Windows managed- no difference.
Reloaded last released chipset drivers and latest video drivers.

It may not be a video card problem, but will swap cards to a different
computer to check playing the same game. I'd appreciate some advice on
how to proceed to narrow down the possibilities and isolate the problem.

Thanks,
Fitz
--
Your body is a temple boy,
You ought to treat it well
Old June 19th 07, 04:26 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
BigJim

I think it is a driver problem when the computer goes into shutting down the
monitor when the system is left on.
Try disabling monitor off and just let the screen save on. Mine does the
same thing with a 7600gt.