Cannot uninstall default Vista driver

Old June 15th 07, 05:23 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Mick[_2_]

Default Cannot uninstall default Vista driver

Did a clean reinstall of Vista 32 bit and ran Windows update which installed
a digitally signed driver on my Gainward 7900GT. It gives acceptable
performance in 3D Mark 2006 but not as fast as I have had with drivers
downloaded directly from NVidia. When I tried to install the latest driver
from NVidia 158.24 Vista won't let me and keeps it own driver. Anyone know
a solution?

Old June 16th 07, 02:32 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Stephen Maclagan

Same here, with Vista 64 bit and a XFX 7900GS, Forceware doesn't install &
tells you that it
hasn't made any changes. Forceware 158.18 installs O.K through,
posted the problem at the Nvidia UK Vista Quality Assurance page, but that
page is blank now,

http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/vista...urance_uk.html

Go to the Nvidia Uk download site, search for the driver, then change the
..24 part of the
address to .18 (It's also an WHQL Driver)

Steve.

Old June 16th 07, 08:42 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Mike Bernstein

Are you trying to install the International 158.24 driver? If so, there is a
problem with this file that prevents installation, Try the US version
instead, it does not have that problem.

Mike

Old June 17th 07, 09:23 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Stefano[_2_]

On Sat, 16 Jun 2007 14:32:40 +0100, "Stephen Maclagan"
wrote:

Same here, with Vista 64 bit and a XFX 7900GS, Forceware doesn't install &
tells you that it
hasn't made any changes.

Whoa... another NIIIICE reason for not buying VISTA - HAL9000.

The more I read the threads, the more I'm convinced about this.

--
Now working at http://www.newonlineshopping.net

Books, Clothing and Accessories, Computers,
Electronics, Gifts, Jewelry and Watches.
Old June 17th 07, 09:29 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
MN[_2_]

Or and ****ing bad product fro Nvidia

Old June 17th 07, 10:31 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Mick[_2_]

"Stephen Maclagan" wrote in message
Same here, with Vista 64 bit and a XFX 7900GS, Forceware doesn't install &
tells you that it
hasn't made any changes. Forceware 158.18 installs O.K through,
posted the problem at the Nvidia UK Vista Quality Assurance page, but that
page is blank now,

http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/vista...urance_uk.html

Go to the Nvidia Uk download site, search for the driver, then change the
.24 part of the
address to .18 (It's also an WHQL Driver)

Steve.

Thanks everyone for their replies. Mike I am using the International
version and will try first the UK version and if that does not work the US
version.

Stephen do you use 64 bit for gaming and if so is it better than 32-bit?

Old June 17th 07, 12:21 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Mick[_2_]

"Mike Bernstein" wrote in message
Are you trying to install the International 158.24 driver? If so, there is
a problem with this file that prevents installation, Try the US version
instead, it does not have that problem.

Mike

Downloaded the US version - installed OK and my performance has improved -
thanks.

Old June 18th 07, 05:05 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Steve

"Mick" wrote in message

"Stephen Maclagan" wrote in message
Same here, with Vista 64 bit and a XFX 7900GS, Forceware doesn't install
& tells you that it
hasn't made any changes. Forceware 158.18 installs O.K through,
posted the problem at the Nvidia UK Vista Quality Assurance page, but
that page is blank now,

http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/vista...urance_uk.html

Go to the Nvidia Uk download site, search for the driver, then change the
.24 part of the
address to .18 (It's also an WHQL Driver)

Steve.

Thanks everyone for their replies. Mike I am using the International
version and will try first the UK version and if that does not work the US
version.

Stephen do you use 64 bit for gaming and if so is it better than 32-bit?

Yep, i do use it for Gaming, but I've only played 2 Games on it so far,
Got about 12 Games & demo's installed, Seems to more Stable than
my old PC under XP, and the Games that I've played on Both PC's
are a lot faster now, higher detail settings etc,
But Haven't tried 32 bit Vista, so don't know the difference.

Steve.

Old PC: Asus A7N8X Dlx, XP3200, 1 Gig Corsair PC3200 Cl2, Nvidia 6600GT, XP
Pro.
New PC: Asus P5N-E SLI, E6600, 3 Gig Corsair PC6400 CL4, Nvidia 7900GS,
Vista Premium 64bit.