Case with good airflow for sli and passively cooled motherboard ?

Old June 15th 07, 04:30 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Skybuck Flying

Default Case with good airflow for sli and passively cooled motherboard ?

Hello,

What cases are out there with good airflow for sli and passively cooled
motherboard ?

I have seen the stack cooler sli certified thing... but it looks mega
complicated and completely overdone... like 10+ fans or what ?

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old June 15th 07, 09:37 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Reggie Hillier

Here is a great case if you don't mind spending a few $$$$:
I have one with 2 8800 GTX's .

http://www.coolerguys.com/840556060352.html

Old June 16th 07, 05:38 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Skybuck Flying

"Same Guy" wrote in message
Sat, 16 Jun 2007 04:32:10 -0000: written by :

On Jun 15, 10:30 am, "Skybuck Flying" wrote:
Hello,

What cases are out there with good airflow for sli and passively cooled
motherboard ?

Thanks for the link. Have you used this? I was thinking water cooling
for my CPU and like Skybuck mentioned, I also would like to know how to
passively cool my video card in a silent or quiet manner.

Hi,

Water cooling probably pretty stupid, because only some chips are cooled and
not to other components, so you would still need a minimal airflow for that.

Also I don't get these cases with side fans.

I think they are pretty bad.

The specification of intel and amd cleary says airflow is supposed to go:

FROM THE FRONT OF THE CASE TO THE BACK OF THE CASE.

That way the airflow goes past the motherboard and components...

I don't see how side fans help with that.. except maybe suck away hot air
from cpu.

Try blowing past your fingers and then across your fingers...

You ll notice a difference.

Blowing past your fingers is what this case is doing...

Totally useless.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Old June 16th 07, 10:32 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
SoCalCommie

So why not water cool the GPU and video memory also? Not to mention
northbridge / southbridge chipsets. Hell, you can buy a water cooled
power supply and be nearly silent with a single solution cooling
system.

SoCalCommie

"I'm tired off those comparisons between Hitler and George W. Bush!
Hitler was a highly decorated combat veteran who won office by
majority vote!" - Jon Stewart

Old June 17th 07, 04:24 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Skybuck Flying

What about all the little capacitors and other thingies.. not to forgot
memory too

Bye,
Skybuck.

t...

Old June 18th 07, 08:38 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Lepak Nerat

"Same Guy" wrote in message
Sat, 16 Jun 2007 04:32:10 -0000: written by :

On Jun 15, 10:30 am, "Skybuck Flying" wrote:
Hello,

What cases are out there with good airflow for sli and passively

cooled
motherboard ?

Thanks for the link. Have you used this? I was thinking water

cooling
for my CPU and like Skybuck mentioned, I also would like to know how

passively cool my video card in a silent or quiet manner.

A good site for components and cases is www.quietpc.com, supply all
sorts. i use a Silent MAXX case, very good, sound proof lined, space for
quite a few fans, but i use W/C with a Zalman 120mm (the one for cooling
the flower great to position in different places) fan cooling the
north/south bridge and RAM.
Old June 20th 07, 09:29 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
GMAN[_3_]

In article .com, wrote:
On Jun 15, 10:30 am, "Skybuck Flying" wrote:
Hello,

What cases are out there with good airflow for sli and passively cooled
motherboard ?

I have seen the stack cooler sli certified thing... but it looks mega
complicated and completely overdone... like 10+ fans or what ?

Bye,
Skybuck.

Instead of windtunnel, they should call that case "dustmagnet"
Old June 20th 07, 10:21 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Roger (K8RI)

On Wed, 20 Jun 2007 20:29:37 GMT, (GMAN)
wrote:

In article .com,
wrote:
On Jun 15, 10:30 am, "Skybuck Flying" wrote:
Hello,

What cases are out there with good airflow for sli and passively cooled
motherboard ?

I have seen the stack cooler sli certified thing... but it looks mega
complicated and completely overdone... like 10+ fans or what ?

Bye,
Skybuck.

Instead of windtunnel, they should call that case "dustmagnet"

"Carpet sweeper" is the operative term:-))

I think I'd go for the Antec 180 or 182. I like the air flow better
although running the cables from the Power Supply to the top of the
motherboard can sometimes be a problem. It also has some good air
filters on the inlets and good air circulation around the drives.

For a full size case I like the ThermalTake 800 series although I
don't care for the top access to the USB, firewire, and audio. OTOH
it's big, roomy, good air flow, and it's HEAVY!

I have two of the ThermalTake 800 series with the 10" fan in the side
panel and a single Antec 180. My next one will probably be a 182.
Old June 30th 07, 03:00 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Graybeard

You want a big heavy case, check out the CoolerMaster Stacker RC 830. Mine
has four fans on the side (one of which is for the water cooler on the
processor), one fan on the top, one fan in front - blowing through the hard
drives, and one fan in back for the power supply. The computer weighs 60
pounds. However, the machine is surprisingly quiet, which may be due to the
ASUS mobo controlling the speed of the fans.
Before buying, check the size - it is big.
Good luck.
Graybeard

"Roger (K8RI)" wrote in message
On Wed, 20 Jun 2007 20:29:37 GMT, (GMAN)
wrote:

In article .com,
wrote:
[...]

Case with good airflow for sli and passively cooled motherboard ? Skybuck Flying Asus Motherboards 10 June 30th 07 03:00 AM
Passively cooled athlon x2 3800 ? Skybuck Flying Homebuilt PC's 11 February 13th 06 08:20 AM
I Need Airflow.. Case Fan Suggestions? Matt Jarrett Overclocking AMD Processors 12 December 4th 03 08:09 PM
Case airflow question ck26 General 9 November 23rd 03 09:52 PM
better? More airflow in or out of case? LRW Homebuilt PC's 7 July 4th 03 10:56 PM