XFX 7950 GT problems

Old May 13th 07, 06:29 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Tim[_7_]

Default XFX 7950 GT problems

I have tried to install Drivers for the 7950 GT card from Nvidia
v158.18.It goes to the install and stops saying "you are not running 32
bit Vista and stops.I'm running Vista Ultimate 32bit 2gb ram.Any
suggestions on how to install new drivers?Only the old Microsoft ones
from 6/06 will work.
Old May 13th 07, 02:48 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
First of One[_2_]

Beyond the obvious things (like making sure you uninstall the old drivers
and install the new ones through an Administrator account), there isn't much
to do...

Try the beta 158.24 drivers:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x86_158.24.html

news

Old May 13th 07, 09:01 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Mellowed[_2_]

"Tim" wrote in message
news
I have tried to install Drivers for the 7950 GT card from Nvidia v158.18.It
goes to the install and stops saying "you are not running 32 bit Vista and
stops.I'm running Vista Ultimate 32bit 2gb ram.Any suggestions on how to
install new drivers?Only the old Microsoft ones from 6/06 will work.

I'm using the drivers from the Ultimate disk without any problems. I tried
the update and things got flaky. Reversed the update and things are perfect
again. I'm not looking back. The old saying, 'If it ain't broke, don't fix
it' applies.

Old May 14th 07, 02:23 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
First of One[_2_]

That depends on what your definition of "broke" is... Vista driver updates
are badly needed, if for no other reason than to recover performance losses
coming from XP.

"Mellowed" wrote in message

news

Old May 14th 07, 03:53 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Mellowed[_2_]

"First of One" wrote in message
news
That depends on what your definition of "broke" is... Vista driver updates
are badly needed, if for no other reason than to recover performance
losses coming from XP.

XP??? What does XP have to do with the OP's question? He is referring to
Vista Ultimate as was I.

"Mellowed" wrote in message
> [...]

news

Old May 15th 07, 12:05 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
First of One[_2_]

Game performance in Vista is poor compared to in XP, and the difference can
be quite large. For example, in Oblivion the Vista user may have to play at
a lower resolution to get the same framerates.
http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?...hlbnRodXNpYXN0

With almost every Vista driver update, the release notes advertise
substantial performance gains. It's important to see these gains not as a
bonus, but as reclaimed speed relative to the mature XP drivers. Thus, there
is a rational need to use the latest drivers in Vista, even when the system
appears stable.

"Mellowed" wrote in message
> [...]

news I have tried to install Drivers for the 7950 GT card from Nvidia