GLQuake 1.13 and 7600GS

Old January 20th 07, 03:01 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Lars-Erik Østerud

Default GLQuake 1.13 and 7600GS

I loved GLQuake 1.13a as I had some trouble with the 0.97 (it wouldn't
start until I switched active program back/forth)

But after I upgraded my video card from a Nvidia Ti-4200 to a Nvidia
7600GS (same drivers) GLQuake 1.13a won't start. It crashes after
Quake has loaded all drivers (the main Quake screen comes up) and it
says an error occurred, details show that the error occured he

nvoglnt.dll (wild guess is that this is the Nvidia OpenGL driver)

The 0.97 version works as always, so it's somthing in the new version

Are there any command line switches I can add to debug, or to disable
some features. To isolate what is causing the GPF in the OpenGL DLL?
--
Lars-Erik - http://www.osterud.name - ICQ 7297605
WinXP, Asus P4PE, 2.53GHz, 512MB, MSI 7600GS, SB-Live
Old January 24th 07, 01:59 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Shep©

On Sat, 20 Jan 2007 15:01:07 +0100 I never confuse arrogance with
confidence nor ability with ambition Lars-Erik Østerud .@. sent this
:

I loved GLQuake 1.13a as I had some trouble with the 0.97 (it wouldn't
start until I switched active program back/forth)

But after I upgraded my video card from a Nvidia Ti-4200 to a Nvidia
7600GS (same drivers) GLQuake 1.13a won't start. It crashes after
Quake has loaded all drivers (the main Quake screen comes up) and it
says an error occurred, details show that the error occured he

nvoglnt.dll (wild guess is that this is the Nvidia OpenGL driver)

The 0.97 version works as always, so it's somthing in the new version

Are there any command line switches I can add to debug, or to disable
some features. To isolate what is causing the GPF in the OpenGL DLL?

Ooooh.And ,"Old School" playergrin.

Try Zquake,
http://zquake.frag.ru/

It's a better client than the standard GL.Lots of tweaks to do.I'm
still running it in winXP and not even on,"Compatibilty" mode.

If you want to try Compatibility mode on your present client then just
right click on the GL quake .exe you are using/properties/Run this
Blah Blah Compatibility and choose say Win98.

Note: I still load from a .bat file even in WinXP pointed to in an old
hacked version of Gamespy,

zqwcl-gl.exe -width 800 -conwidth 600 -conheight 600 -heapsize 100000
SET SST_SCREENREFRESH=75

I could go way higher on res but I love the Mega speed of running an
old win95 game on an AMd XP 3800BFG).

I get a timerefresh of 2,400 + FPS Heh Fu**ing Heh

I wish some of the younger guys would go retro and play the old GL
online.It's the best and dirtiest onliner and all free and plays
like,"SH*T off a Stick" on modern systems.Still quite a few servers to
play on as well

--
Free Windows/PC help,
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...m?bandID=88558
Old January 24th 07, 02:16 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Lars-Erik Østerud

Try Zquake,
http://zquake.frag.ru/

It's a better client than the standard GL.Lots of tweaks to do.I'm
still running it in winXP and not even on,"Compatibilty" mode.

GLQuake 1.13 is Actually very much better than the 0.97.
Has more resolutions. Fog emulation. Better rendering etc etc.
But it won't work with my new graphic card. Really to bad.

I'll try the link and see how that works :-)
Old January 24th 07, 02:27 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Shep©

On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 02:16:52 +0100 I never confuse arrogance with
confidence nor ability with ambition Lars-Erik Østerud .@. sent this
:

Try Zquake,
http://zquake.frag.ru/

It's a better client than the standard GL.Lots of tweaks to do.I'm
still running it in winXP and not even on,"Compatibilty" mode.

GLQuake 1.13 is Actually very much better than the 0.97.
Has more resolutions. Fog emulation. Better rendering etc etc.
But it won't work with my new graphic card. Really to bad.

I'll try the link and see how that works :-)

It's ok but not as good as other clients if you want,"EyE Candy" as
well,

http://www.quakeforge.net/

Old January 24th 07, 03:06 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
McG.

Thanks for the HU on ZQuake, I've got the stable 1.4 and new 1.7. How
bout hopping over to alt.games.quake and yak about this one? I'm an
old skooler still loves Quake
McG.

Old January 24th 07, 04:14 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Lars-Erik Østerud

Shep© wrote:

It's ok but not as good as other clients if you want,"EyE Candy" as
http://www.quakeforge.net/

Does this work for single-player, zquake did not here
Old January 24th 07, 10:22 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Larry Roberts

On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 02:16:52 +0100, Lars-Erik Østerud .@. wrote:

Try Zquake,
http://zquake.frag.ru/

It's a better client than the standard GL.Lots of tweaks to do.I'm
still running it in winXP and not even on,"Compatibilty" mode.

GLQuake 1.13 is Actually very much better than the 0.97.
Has more resolutions. Fog emulation. Better rendering etc etc.
But it won't work with my new graphic card. Really to bad.

I'll try the link and see how that works :-)

Have you tried Quake Tenebrae? It's a mod that gives stencil
shadows and per pixel lighting to Quake. I've ran it on my GF 3 Ti200,
GF 4 Ti4400, 6600GT, and my current 7600GT. It pla`yed smoothly on all
the cards, and looks great. You can check it out here.
http://tenebrae.sourceforge.net/index.php

Old January 24th 07, 03:28 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Shep©

On Tue, 23 Jan 2007 20:06:22 -0600 I never confuse arrogance with
confidence nor ability with ambition "McG."
sent this :

Thanks for the HU on ZQuake, I've got the stable 1.4 and new 1.7. How
bout hopping over to alt.games.quake and yak about this one? I'm an
old skooler still loves Quake
McG.

I'll check it out =)

Old January 24th 07, 03:28 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Shep©

On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 04:14:02 +0100 I never confuse arrogance with

Shep© wrote:

It's ok but not as good as other clients if you want,"EyE Candy" as
http://www.quakeforge.net/

Does this work for single-player, zquake did not here

No sorry.It's a online only project.

Old February 21st 07, 08:36 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Venger

"Shep©" wrote in message
On Sat, 20 Jan 2007 15:01:07 +0100 I never confuse arrogance with
confidence nor ability with ambition Lars-Erik Østerud .@. sent this
:

I wish some of the younger guys would go retro and play the old GL
online.It's the best and dirtiest onliner and all free and plays
like,"SH*T off a Stick" on modern systems.Still quite a few servers to
play on as well

Love Quake... still my favorite FPS... best RL...

Fired it up a few days ago and played some CTF... man, it's been a while...
and it showed.

Venger