Probably asking too much - automation

Old January 20th 07, 03:16 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Sam

Default Probably asking too much - automation

Hi,

I have the FX 5600 Ultra with driver v93.71. When I play games, I
like to use the TV-out on some of them and have to change the
settings 'every' time I play. First - lower the res to 1024x768 on
the monitor or the TV flickers too much. (weird, I know) Then
change it so the TV is the primary monitor to resolve other issues
with certian games. (Dual view mode) Then after playing, I have to
reverse the steps to get back to normal. Is there a way to script
or some how set this up to automate when a game is triggered or a
profile is selected? Hopefully I'm not expecting too much.

Sam

Old January 20th 07, 01:43 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Jason A

You could try a freeware utility called AutoIT...
http://www.autoitscript.com/

I've got a game that Windows doesn't "see" when playing, so the
screensaver kicks on when playing, wrote a short little script to change
the registry key for screen saver to turn off the screensaver. On
ending the game, it re-enables the screensaver.

Old January 21st 07, 03:30 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
First of One

That's pretty strange. Even if windows doesn't detect the application taking
over in fullscreen mode, it should still pick up inputs from the mouse and
keyboard. Unless, of course, you happen to be using a joystick or pad.

news:bt6dnbIZ7dflgS_YnZ2dnUVZ_qPinZ2d@wideopenwest .com...

Old January 21st 07, 02:58 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Sam

I don't know abything about scripting but if it will solve my
problem then it's worth learning. Thanks for the info.

Sam

Old January 21st 07, 08:09 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Jason A

Yah, it's a flight sim (X-Plane 8, if you're curious)