No VGA with dual monitor cards that have DVI?

Old January 6th 07, 01:20 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Signals

Default No VGA with dual monitor cards that have DVI?

Hello everyone!

I have two EVGA Nvidia cards, one is an FX5200, and a ti4200, both with
at least 1 vga out and 1 DVI out. I seem to have a problem with both of
them, the DVI port only wants to work! I have just recently noticed
this now, as they were given to me. I don't know how to get around
this! For the 4200, I have a DVI adapter and can use my VGA flat panel
with it, but on either card, if I wanted to use the VGA port and
completely ignore the DVI, I get no signal errors on bootup from my
monitor.

I can try to provide more info, but can anybody help me?

Old January 6th 07, 02:20 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
First of One

What if you do a hot-swap and move your flat panel from the DVI port to the
VGA port?

Those cards may have been given to you because the VGA connectors are
borked.

ps.com...

Old January 7th 07, 03:48 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Signals

"Signals" wrote in message
ps.com...
Hello everyone!

I have two EVGA Nvidia cards, one is an FX5200, and a ti4200, both with
at least 1 vga out and 1 DVI out. I seem to have a problem with both of
them, the DVI port only wants to work! I have just recently noticed
this now, as they were given to me. I don't know how to get around
this! For the 4200, I have a DVI adapter and can use my VGA flat panel
with it, but on either card, if I wanted to use the VGA port and
completely ignore the DVI, I get no signal errors on bootup from my
monitor.

I can try to provide more info, but can anybody help me?

When I try to hot swap to vga, I still get no video from it. The cards
were both practically new when given to me, I wouldn't rule out
borkedness, but one came with a gently used workstation I got and the
other was only used for a few months before being upgraded from.

Any more ideas? There's really nothing that can be done, it seems?