Compaq Presario Volume Control Buttons in Windows 95

Old August 11th 06, 11:52 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
Was Immer

Default Compaq Presario Volume Control Buttons in Windows 95

I have 2 old Compaq Presario Computers

One is a Compaq Presario 4640 and the other a Presario 2100

Anyhow - they both have the Volume Control buttons (+ and -) on
the front of the case.

I am running Windows 95 and I cannot get the buttons to work.

Apparently you need a piece of software to tell windows what
these buttons do.

Anyonw know where I can get the software. The COMPAQ website
does not have drivers for these buttons.

I need this for Windows 95 - and again just to restate - I need
to get the volume control buttons to work - this has nothing to
do with the sound card.

Any help please. I am pulling out my hair trying to get this to
work!

THANKS a million in advance!!!!!!!!!1

Posted with NewsLeecher v1.0 beta 28
* Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy
* http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet

Old August 18th 06, 02:19 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
NoNoBadDog!

"Was Immer" wrote in message
g.com...
I have 2 old Compaq Presario Computers

One is a Compaq Presario 4640 and the other a Presario 2100

Anyhow - they both have the Volume Control buttons (+ and -) on
the front of the case.

I am running Windows 95 and I cannot get the buttons to work.

Apparently you need a piece of software to tell windows what
these buttons do.

Anyonw know where I can get the software. The COMPAQ website
does not have drivers for these buttons.

I need this for Windows 95 - and again just to restate - I need
to get the volume control buttons to work - this has nothing to
do with the sound card.

Any help please. I am pulling out my hair trying to get this to
work!

THANKS a million in advance!!!!!!!!!1

Posted with NewsLeecher v1.0 beta 28
* Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy
* http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet

You are referring to the volume buttons on the CD tray?

they work only for headphones attached to the audio output of the CD
tray...not for the system audio.

Bobby

Seagate Barracuda 160 GB IDE becomes corrupted. RMA? Dan_Musicant Storage (alternative) 79 February 28th 06 08:23 AM
Compaq FAQ HH Compaq Computers 0 March 13th 05 01:52 PM
Newbie: OC Advice: AMDXP2200 CPU Donald Bock Overclocking AMD Processors 2 March 12th 05 12:14 AM
Compaq FAQ HH Compaq Computers 0 June 27th 04 06:21 PM
Compaq FAQ HH Compaq Computers 0 June 5th 04 11:17 AM