AMD-ATI - looks like a done deal

Old July 24th 06, 07:56 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video,alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
AirRaid Mach 2.5

Default AMD-ATI - looks like a done deal

http://beyond3d.com/#news32202

AMD To Make "Significant" Announcement
24-Jul-2006, 01:35.05 Reporter : geo

After months of increasingly specific rumors about the future of ATI as
an independent company, it appears all but certain that AMD and ATI
will announce tomorrow that AMD has made a friendly offer to acquire
the graphics company.

AMD has announced a "significant corporate announcement" for 8:00 a.m.
EDT on Monday, July 24th, where they are expected to reveal the details
of their bid. Media reports in multiple outlets are expecting a cash
and stock offer for ATI in the neighborhood of $5.5 billion
dollars--roughly a 28% premium over ATI's current stock value. Any such
offer would require the approval of ATI's stockholders.

Of course, we're interested in how the deal affects ATI in the consumer
and professional graphics spaces in the mid- to long-term. We will be
talking to ATI in due course to find out the details.

Naturally, it is not only AMD and ATI that will be influenced by this
development. The entire playing field in the PC world is just about to
receive a major shaking that will impact others such as NVIDIA, Intel,
Via, etc. The impact will ripple outward for years, and it could easily
be 2009 or later before we fully understand the implications of these
events.

The comments section linked below will contain live details of the
conference call.

_______________

also

http://www.kesq.com/Global/story.asp?S=5187103&nav=9qrx
http://www.tinyurl.com/mcsg7
http://www.sanluisobispo.com/mld/san...n/15108132.htm
http://www.tinyurl.com/lfph7
http://www.tinyurl.com/m8ayc
http://www.statesman.com/business/co.../07/24amd.html

Old July 24th 06, 09:36 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video,alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
job

I bet Intels pulls the tech sharing agreement. New company,new agreements.

"AirRaid Mach 2.5" wrote in message
oups.com...

[...]

http://www.statesman.com/business/co...hnology/07/24a
md.html

Old July 24th 06, 09:56 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video,alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
General Schvantzkoph

On Mon, 24 Jul 2006 20:36:27 +0000, job wrote:

I bet Intels pulls the tech sharing agreement. New company,new agreements.

They already have,