HP Power Jack Problem, I Fix it for You

Old July 14th 06, 10:13 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
Carl97

Default HP Power Jack Problem, I Fix it for You

Many HP Laptops from several batches have a defect in production, it is down
to poor solder welds on the motherboard at the manufacturing stage,
Many of the problems happen after the warranty runs out. I don't want to
imply anything but I have seen similar problems with HP in the past where
I alone came across dozens of HP Printers failing at near enough the same
time to arouse suspicion.
Some other models are just worn by constant movement of the user and cable
(fatigue).
It is a serious bit of work to repair as near enough every component and
screw needs
to be removed, with the HP it usually takes me around 2 hours to
disassemble, repair and re-assemble.
I charge between £80 - £100 for this repair. Most cases your Laptop will be
delivered the next working day
Depending on Postal conditions.