eVGA Card Question

Old July 6th 06, 07:44 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Datura

Default eVGA Card Question

With the eVGA nVIDIA 7800GS CO AGP card, there are two versions, one with a
eVGA fan and one with a regular fan. The card with the eVGA fan costs more.
Does anyone know if the eVGA fans are worth the extra money?

Thanks

Old July 6th 06, 06:20 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Mangyrat

I haven't looked at it but it might be the heatsink/fan that covers the
memory chips like the KO cards.
but it could also be a pricing mistake check the card numbers if they are
different look it up and see what is different

nk.net...

Old July 6th 06, 07:02 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Datura

"Mangyrat" wrote in message
I haven't looked at it but it might be the heatsink/fan that covers the
memory chips like the KO cards.
but it could also be a pricing mistake check the card numbers if they are
different look it up and see what is different

"Datura" wrote in message
nk.net...
With the eVGA nVIDIA 7800GS CO AGP card, there are two versions, one with
a eVGA fan and one with a regular fan. The card with the eVGA fan costs
more. Does anyone know if the eVGA fans are worth the extra money?

Thanks

This is the one without the evga fan:
http://www.evga.com/products/moreinf...7-AX&family=22

This is the one with the evga fan:
http://www.evga.com/products/moreinf...6-AX&family=22

Old July 6th 06, 09:37 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Mangyrat

i think the evga one has a better heatsink with copper in it. but they both
have the same specs.
go to evga forum and ask im shure some one will know the diferance.

"Datura" wrote in message
ink.net...
"Mangyrat" wrote in message
I haven't looked at it but it might be the heatsink/fan that covers the
memory chips like the KO cards.
but it could also be a pricing mistake check the card numbers if they are
different look it up and see what is different

nk.net...

Old July 7th 06, 12:36 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
First of One

Both cards are on backorder if you wish to buy from eVGA directly. The
*MSRP* difference is only $5, which will disappear at retailers.

ink.net...

Old July 7th 06, 07:37 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Datura

"First of One" wrote in message
Both cards are on backorder if you wish to buy from eVGA directly. The
*MSRP* difference is only $5, which will disappear at retailers.

You know it just sunk in when you said that the difference is only $5, that
if I'm going to spend a few hundred dollars on a card, I might as well fork
out the extra $5 and get a better (possibly) fan *_*

Old July 7th 06, 03:23 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Mangyrat

the cost of the high end agp cards almost justify going pci-e.

the 7900 GT KO SC I have cost the same as that 7800 AGP card he wants.
this is what i would do befor i spent $340 on a VGA card he can mostlikly
use his old mem and case and all that.

$109 for a cpu amd 64 3500+
$67 for a main board MSI K8N Neo4-f
$261 for a new video card 7900gt
that's $100 more than you were spending but now your not beating a almost
dead horse.

ink.net...

Old July 7th 06, 08:29 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Datura

"Mangyrat" wrote in message
the cost of the high end agp cards almost justify going pci-e.

the 7900 GT KO SC I have cost the same as that 7800 AGP card he wants.
this is what i would do befor i spent $340 on a VGA card he can mostlikly
use his old mem and case and all that.

$109 for a cpu amd 64 3500+
$67 for a main board MSI K8N Neo4-f
$261 for a new video card 7900gt
that's $100 more than you were spending but now your not beating a almost
dead horse.

"Datura" wrote in message
ink.net...
"First of One" wrote in message
Both cards are on backorder if you wish to buy from eVGA directly. The
*MSRP* difference is only $5, which will disappear at retailers.

You know it just sunk in when you said that the difference is only $5,
that if I'm going to spend a few hundred dollars on a card, I might as
well fork out the extra $5 and get a better (possibly) fan *_*

I agree, but for my purpose the new card is fine. I am not a serious gamer,
I really only play one game: Neverwinter Nights and I am upgrading only for
NWN2 which is not out until this September. The card is several categories
higher than the recommended, not minimum, requirements. By the time NWN3
comes out, maybe 5 years+, I will have the $$$ to do a serious upgrade or
rather build a new one from the ground up - or I will have gotten hit by a
bus and then I can haunt people *grin*

Old July 8th 06, 02:20 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Mangyrat

LOL watch out for them bus's
Neverwinters night is a great game i still have it loaded on my old game
rig.

"Datura" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Mangyrat" wrote in message
the cost of the high end agp cards almost justify going pci-e.

the 7900 GT KO SC I have cost the same as that 7800 AGP card he wants.
this is what i would do befor i spent $340 on a VGA card he can mostlikly
use his old mem and case and all that.

$109 for a cpu amd 64 3500+
$67 for a main board MSI K8N Neo4-f
$261 for a new video card 7900gt
that's $100 more than you were spending but now your not beating a almost
dead horse.

ink.net...