91.31: SLI multi-gpu rendering has been disabled

Old June 26th 06, 03:24 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Default 91.31: SLI multi-gpu rendering has been disabled

I just wiped and reloaded Windows and installed the new 91.31 drivers.
After restarting to complete the driver install, I now get a baloon
tip from the nvidia tray icon saying "SLI multi-gpu rendering has been
disabled" plus some more detailed information about how to get further
help.

This is a brand new clean install of Windows XP Pro SP2 with a BFG
6600 GT OC AGP card. Between the 6600 GT card and the AGP motherboard
there is no way I could use SLI no matter how much I wanted to.
Although the SLI section of the nvidia control panel says insists that
this card supports SLI. There are no other options given to enable or
disable it.

Has anybody else gotten this? Everything else seems to work fine,
just the baloon tip after each system restart is really anoying.

- g0pher
Old June 26th 06, 04:07 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

"g0pher" wrote in message
I just wiped and reloaded Windows and installed the new 91.31 drivers.
After restarting to complete the driver install, I now get a baloon
tip from the nvidia tray icon saying "SLI multi-gpu rendering has been
disabled" plus some more detailed information about how to get further
help.

This is a brand new clean install of Windows XP Pro SP2 with a BFG
6600 GT OC AGP card. Between the 6600 GT card and the AGP motherboard
there is no way I could use SLI no matter how much I wanted to.
Although the SLI section of the nvidia control panel says insists that
this card supports SLI. There are no other options given to enable or
disable it.

Has anybody else gotten this? Everything else seems to work fine,
just the baloon tip after each system restart is really anoying.

- g0pher

Hi g0pher, this issue is still listed as 'open' in the documentation that
accompanies the latest release (91.31).

A direct link to the release notes for 91.31, NB., page 8:-

http://download.nvidia.com/Windows/9...Notes_WHQL.pdf

So, sadly no fix for this problem (yet!).

HTH,

-DC.

Old June 26th 06, 04:15 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Yes I have same thing, plus can't make taskbar icon go away. I uninstalled and went back to
84.21's. I have the exact same card. It seems many others are going back to the older drivers
also.
--
Dave Vair
CNE, CNA, MCP, A+, N+

Old June 26th 06, 06:14 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Oh good, so it's not just me. Ditto for the taskbar icon not going
away, although I expected that to be related to the baloon tip. I'll
live with it until they release the next version.

- g0pher

Old June 26th 06, 02:21 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

In article , g0pher says...
I just wiped and reloaded Windows and installed the new 91.31 drivers.
After restarting to complete the driver install, I now get a baloon
tip from the nvidia tray icon saying "SLI multi-gpu rendering has been
disabled" plus some more detailed information about how to get further
help.

This is a brand new clean install of Windows XP Pro SP2 with a BFG
6600 GT OC AGP card. Between the 6600 GT card and the AGP motherboard
there is no way I could use SLI no matter how much I wanted to.
Although the SLI section of the nvidia control panel says insists that
this card supports SLI. There are no other options given to enable or
disable it.

Has anybody else gotten this? Everything else seems to work fine,
just the baloon tip after each system restart is really anoying.

THe easiest way to fix it is to click Start, right click on the menu,
select properties, click on the Taskbar tab then Customise next to Hide
Inactive Icons, select the nVIDIA one and set it to always hide.

--
Conor

Who the **** said I was trying to endear myself to anyone?
Old June 26th 06, 02:22 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

In article , g0pher says...
Oh good, so it's not just me. Ditto for the taskbar icon not going
away, although I expected that to be related to the baloon tip. I'll
live with it until they release the next version.

I got a loads of CTDs as well, notably in Battlefield 2. As wellas
that, the mickey mouse nVidia Control Panel is terrible.

Old June 26th 06, 04:03 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

"Conor" wrote in message
t...
In article , g0pher says...
Oh good, so it's not just me. Ditto for the taskbar icon not going
away, although I expected that to be related to the baloon tip. I'll
live with it until they release the next version.

I got a loads of CTDs as well, notably in Battlefield 2. As wellas
that, the mickey mouse nVidia Control Panel is terrible.

--
Conor

Who the **** said I was trying to endear myself to anyone?

NO CTD in battlefield 2 as of yet, thx for the warning.

Yes your right the new nvidia control panel, is pants.

Also Ghost recon, now works in SLI mode.

LA

Old June 26th 06, 04:57 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

"Conor" wrote in message

[...]

I got a loads of CTDs as well, notably in Battlefield 2. As wellas
that, the mickey mouse nVidia Control Panel is terrible.

Hmmm..., I've been getting CTDs with CFS3 recently, thought it was something
I'd modded, but I was running 91.28 beta and 91.31 now. I'm liking this new
release less and less.

Old June 26th 06, 08:50 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

On Mon, 26 Jun 2006 14:21:20 +0100, Conor
wrote:

In article , g0pher says...
[...]

For me, the icon thing is not that big a deal. It's just the
idea of it acting like an ad to get you to look into an SLI setup.
Sorry, but the only people who will benefit from SLI are gamers, and
if your a PC gamer, you already know more than enough about SLI.
Nvidia doesn't need to resort to those kind of tactics. We get
bombarded with adware enough as it is.
Old June 27th 06, 12:34 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

"Conor" wrote in message
t...
In article , g0pher says...
Oh good, so it's not just me. Ditto for the taskbar icon not going
away, although I expected that to be related to the baloon tip. I'll
live with it until they release the next version.

I got a loads of CTDs as well, notably in Battlefield 2. As wellas
that, the mickey mouse nVidia Control Panel is terrible.

--
Conor

Funny that. I used to get CTD's with BF2 and Hitman Blood Money with 84.21,
but now with these drivers everything seems to be rock solid. Just that
annoying "SLI mode has been disabled" error.