XFX company... Did anyone have problems with their support?

Old June 22nd 06, 07:57 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action

Default XFX company... Did anyone have problems with their support?

Is it me or is this XFX company awful? Its support sucks, telephone calls kept dropping,
RMA within warranty requires signature confirmation for proof of sending it, they took
their own forums down, their support requires members to register, must have serial # and
model # or no support, won't answer question about how long it usually take to RMA, etc.

I am never buying their cards again. I hope they RMA my card. They have to check on to see
if it is really broken and I didn't do anything to void my warranty (had it for 7 months).
Bad comments on http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/articl...50aHVzaWFzdA==
(bottom section about XFX).

Thank you in advance.
--
"You're kissing an ant hill." --Mike Nelson
/\___/\
( )
Old June 22nd 06, 08:29 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action

On Thu, 22 Jun 2006 01:57:02 -0500, wrote:

Is it me or is this XFX company awful?

Not you.

Its support sucks, telephone calls kept dropping,
RMA within warranty requires signature confirmation for proof of sending it, they took
their own forums down, their support requires members to register, must have serial # and
model # or no support, won't answer question about how long it usually take to RMA, etc.

I am never buying their cards again. I hope they RMA my card. They have to check on to see
if it is really broken and I didn't do anything to void my warranty (had it for 7 months).
Bad comments on
http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/articl...50aHVzaWFzdA==
(bottom section about XFX).

eVGA and BFG seem to be the only 2 nVidia partners with REAL
after-sales product support. This has been the situation for a long
time as regular readers of these newsgroups know very well.

I suspect that all the others use rusty tramp-steamers to China for
RMA returns. And typhoon season is approaching fast............

John Lewis

Thank you in advance.

Old June 22nd 06, 11:22 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action

wrote:
Is it me or is this XFX company awful?

Fine by me. I reported my problem on their support site and a week or
so later they gave me a new BIOS which fixed it...

Deleting their forums was pretty odd behaviour though.

Mark

Old June 22nd 06, 12:52 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action

wrote:
Is it me or is this XFX company awful? Its support sucks, telephone calls kept dropping,
RMA within warranty requires signature confirmation for proof of sending it, they took
their own forums down, their support requires members to register, must have serial # and
model # or no support, won't answer question about how long it usually take to RMA, etc.

I am never buying their cards again. I hope they RMA my card. They have to check on to see
if it is really broken and I didn't do anything to void my warranty (had it for 7 months).
Bad comments on
http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/articl...50aHVzaWFzdA==
(bottom section about XFX).

Thank you in advance.

Well for motherboards I wasn't happy, a relative bought one and there
was no tangible support for anything, not even any sign of BIOS updates
for newer CPUs. We didn't know at the time it was - I think - just a
clone of an ECS/PC Chips type board. Can't say that the board didn't
work reasonably well, but my perception of XFX is ruined and I won't
even consider a gfx card of theirs. I am probably being unfair, but
things like that stick. With cards so similar churned out from so many
makers there is no reason to take risks on someone you don't feel right
about.

However, testing returned products is fairly common to all isn't it?
I've been in a "there's nothing wrong with it", "oh yes there is!" loop
myself in the past and there's nothing worse than that.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0625-5, 21/06/2006
Tested on: 22/06/2006 12:52:47

Old June 22nd 06, 03:10 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action

wrote:

Is it me or is this XFX company awful? Its support sucks, telephone calls kept dropping,
RMA within warranty requires signature confirmation for proof of sending it, they took
their own forums down, their support requires members to register, must have serial # and
model # or no support, won't answer question about how long it usually take to RMA, etc.

I am never buying their cards again. I hope they RMA my card. They have to check on to see
if it is really broken and I didn't do anything to void my warranty (had it for 7 months).
Bad comments on
http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/articl...50aHVzaWFzdA==
(bottom section about XFX).

Thank you in advance.

Strange, I've had one dealing with XFX-support, and they replied very
fast to my e-mails on the support-page. I've had a broken fan on a
GeForce4 card, and they posted me a free one. No proof of anything,
they only wanted the serial of the card, that's all.
This was some years ago, maybe it's gotten bad since, and I must add
that their replacement fan broke down only days later.
I put in a fan of my own, and it's been playing ever since.
Old June 27th 06, 03:18 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action

My beautiful 6600GT AGP card died a week ago....it was my first
graphics card....Ive requested xfx for help and have got a reply to try
changing the power lead....that hasnt worked...

I bought the card in Nov 2004 from scan.co.uk who provide a 1 year
warranty. XFX does give a two year warranty but from the way their
support replied, I dont think they are going to honour this.

Im distraught to say the least...

Old June 29th 06, 05:10 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action

I bought the 5950 from XFX when it came out. I RMA'd it at least 4 times.
It's still broken, I've moved on to BFG which has some of the best support
in the industry.

Gus

ups.com...

Old July 18th 06, 03:42 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
[email protected]

My friend, who got me the XFX card and RMA'ed twice so far, shows me why XFX has bad support:

Session Start (ant:O): Mon Jul 17 23:04:16 2006
[23:04] O: xfx support REALLY ****es me off now.
[23:04] *** Auto-response sent to O: AFK: Ant is currently temporarily away from his computer at
the moment. He is probably in the restroom or somewhere close by...
[23:18] O: they called me today...and said they didn't find what i reported to them wrong.
[23:18] O: and i said...oh?...
[23:18] O: he said..yea..the fan spins.
[23:18] O: and i told him that I never reported the fan not working.
[23:19] O: so he told me that's not what he saw on the ticket.
[23:19] O: so i told him what had gone on.
[23:19] O: how it was a second bad card..the nvidia control panel problem..and what not.
[23:19] O: and he's like..oh..i don't see that.
[23:19] O: i'm like..because it's an extension of the original ticket from the first rma.
[23:20] O: what a bunch of liars.
[00:47] *** "O" signed off at Tue Jul 18 00:47:15 2006.

Frustrating!!

In alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia wrote:
Is it me or is this XFX company awful? Its support sucks, telephone calls kept dropping,
RMA within warranty requires signature confirmation for proof of sending it, they took
their own forums down, their support requires members to register, must have serial # and
model # or no support, won't answer question about how long it usually take to RMA, etc.

I am never buying their cards again. I hope they RMA my card. They have to check on to see
if it is really broken and I didn't do anything to void my warranty (had it for 7 months).
Bad comments on
http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/articl...50aHVzaWFzdA==
(bottom section about XFX).

Thank you in advance.

--
"... [Let us inquire] what glory there was in an omnipotent being torturing forever a puny little creature who could in no way defend himself? Would it be to the glory of a man to fry ants?" --Charlotte Perkins Gilman
/\___/\
( )