Does anyone use their computers under 100% stress in a 90F degrees environment?

Old June 19th 06, 02:01 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.homedesigned

Default Does anyone use their computers under 100% stress in a 90F degrees environment?

General Schvantzkoph wrote:
How well do you function in a 90F room? Your CPU can probably survive
it but how about you. My recommendation is a Sears Plasmaire Air
Conditioner. The Plasmaire's are very quiet. Make sure you get the
Plasmaire, the cheaper ones are much nosier.

No need, just get a fan...

Old June 19th 06, 07:16 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.homedesigned

In alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64 wrote:
General Schvantzkoph wrote:
How well do you function in a 90F room? Your CPU can probably survive
it but how about you. My recommendation is a Sears Plasmaire Air
Conditioner. The Plasmaire's are very quiet. Make sure you get the
Plasmaire, the cheaper ones are much nosier.

No need, just get a fan...

I already have a small fan. It blows at the computers and me.
--
"You're kissing an ant hill." --Mike Nelson
/\___/\
( )
Old June 20th 06, 03:14 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.homedesigned

writes:

No need, just get a fan...

A fan will not lower the temperature in the room.

Old June 20th 06, 07:30 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.homedesigned

In alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt Mxsmanic wrote:
writes:

No need, just get a fan...

A fan will not lower the temperature in the room.

Very true if the room is hot like 90F degrees. It just blowing hot air. It won't help
if outside is hotter.
Old June 20th 06, 09:31 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.homedesigned

writes:

Very true if the room is hot like 90F degrees. It just blowing hot air. It won't help
if outside is hotter.

Fans always raise the temperature; they never lower it. And if there
are people in the room, fans will also raise the humidity, which can
rapidly create a vicious circle of heating.

Old June 20th 06, 09:59 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.homedesigned

In alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64 Mxsmanic wrote:
writes:

Very true if the room is hot like 90F degrees. It just blowing hot air. It won't help
if outside is hotter.

Fans always raise the temperature; they never lower it. And if there
are people in the room, fans will also raise the humidity, which can
rapidly create a vicious circle of heating.

Hmm, I didn't know fans raise temperatures like that. Is that only when when the
temperature is really high? Or does that happen like in 80 degrees(F) area?
Old June 20th 06, 11:09 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.homedesigned

Rod Speed writes:

Its just basic physics, the power that is used by the fan motor
has to end up in the air temp, there is nowhere else for it to go.

The movement of the fan also heats the air.

One important thing to remember is that fans never lower the air
temperature. This is critical for PCs. It means that if the air
temperature is 90° F, no fan, no matter how powerful, will be able to
get the PC below 90° F.