What are the proper Refresh Rates?

Old June 17th 06, 04:15 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Default What are the proper Refresh Rates?

My rates at @ factory defaults of 60Hz. Could this be one of the
reasons every website I visit seem to draw the screen from upper to
lower position. It's like a 56K connection and I have broadband.

My monitor is a 19" Proview 998/998A/998N(1239224727) a.k.a "Xflat"

What is a good frequency refresh rate for 1024X768??

================================================== ======================================
Sun Tzu, “If you wait by the river long enough, the bodies of your enemies will float by.”
"Build a fire for a man and he will be warm for a day, but set fire to that man and he will be warm forever!"
================================================== ======================================
Old June 17th 06, 04:25 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

"Pedro Sanchez" wrote in message
My rates at @ factory defaults of 60Hz. Could this be one of the
reasons every website I visit seem to draw the screen from upper to
lower position. It's like a 56K connection and I have broadband.

My monitor is a 19" Proview 998/998A/998N(1239224727) a.k.a "Xflat"

What is a good frequency refresh rate for 1024X768??

Even with low Refresh Rates you won't see the screen updating. The only time
you notice a poor Update Rate is when you are using the Standard VGA driver
instead of the Nvidia driver which exploits the 2d acceleration function of
the GPU.

Old June 17th 06, 09:00 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

On Sat, 17 Jun 2006 15:37:33 GMT, "Clint" wrote:

It's an LCD monitor. The refresh rates don't apply like they do for CRT
monitors.

No this one is a CRT monitor I am asking about.

.. .

Old June 17th 06, 11:48 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

My mistake. In that case, the general recommendation I've heard is above
75Hz. Higher is better, so long as your video card and monitor can handle
it. I run my Dell P991 19" monitor at 85Hz @ 1280x1024.

At 60Hz, you may notice some flickering, but I don't think it will change
what you're describing.

Clint

"Pedro Sanchez" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 17 Jun 2006 15:37:33 GMT, "Clint" wrote:

It's an LCD monitor. The refresh rates don't apply like they do for CRT
monitors.

No this one is a CRT monitor I am asking about.

. ..

Old June 18th 06, 05:15 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

On Sat, 17 Jun 2006 16:25:57 +0100, John Russell wrote:

Even with low Refresh Rates you won't see the screen updating. The only time
you notice a poor Update Rate is when you are using the Standard VGA driver
instead of the Nvidia driver which exploits the 2d acceleration function of
the GPU.

Yea, like John said. You don't have your video drivers installed
correctly, or not installed at all. Then set it too 85hz in the video
properties after.
Old June 20th 06, 10:14 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

"Pedro Sanchez" wrote in message
My rates at @ factory defaults of 60Hz. Could this be one of the
reasons every website I visit seem to draw the screen from upper to
lower position. It's like a 56K connection and I have broadband.

My monitor is a 19" Proview 998/998A/998N(1239224727) a.k.a "Xflat"

What is a good frequency refresh rate for 1024X768??

60hz is too low, you want to b using 85hz or better with a CRT, tft's are
fine

also
upgrade your pc

Old June 20th 06, 03:44 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Pedro Sanchez writes:

My rates at @ factory defaults of 60Hz. Could this be one of the
reasons every website I visit seem to draw the screen from upper to
lower position. It's like a 56K connection and I have broadband.

No.

What is a good frequency refresh rate for 1024X768??

Use the lowest refresh rate supported by the video card and monitor
that does not produce any perceptible flicker for you. This will
allow the video card to run a bit cooler. There's no advantage to
refresh rates that are higher than you can perceive, but the threshold
for perception of flicker varies from one individual to another.

I keep my refresh rate at 60 Hz and that seems to be plenty for me in
all circumstances.

Old June 20th 06, 03:45 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Clint writes:

It's an LCD monitor. The refresh rates don't apply like they do for CRT
monitors.

Sure they do, although a refresh rate that is faster than the rate at
which the LCD elements can be changed won't be perceptible.

Old June 20th 06, 05:03 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

SORRY forgot to mention this is a CRT monitor, about 3 years old.
Sometimes sells under the name XFLAT.

thanks,

Sun Tzu, “If you wait by the river long enough, the bodies of your enemies will float by.”
"Build a fire for a man and he will be warm for a day, but set fire to that man and he will be warm forever!"

Refresh rates on Dual view asus V9250 /FX5200 128MB FVe Nvidia Videocards 1 October 9th 05 12:57 PM
monitor refresh rates? David Ciemny General 1 December 18th 03 03:46 AM
Refresh rates and video cards. iplom® Homebuilt PC's 2 October 17th 03 12:29 AM
Refresh Rates Me Nvidia Videocards 0 August 29th 03 01:03 AM
Can't get the highest refresh rates on my monitor?! who be dat? Ati Videocards 0 July 23rd 03 03:34 AM