Gigabyte DVD drive and general poor quality

Old June 11th 06, 02:09 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.gigabyte,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.misc,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.cd-rom,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte

Default Gigabyte DVD drive and general poor quality

Anyone experience any sticky issues with their Gigabyte DVD drives? I left a
cd in the drive for a while and one day I had trouble removing it. I
pressed the eject button but it seemed like it was stuck. After several
tries, the tray popped open jerkily. Then I noticed there was a sticky
substance around the hole in the centre of the cd. So it seems the gasket or
washer in the drive was disintegrating and releasing this sticky substance.

Their mobos have loose sockets allowing dust to get in and messing up the
computer. They have to be cleaned out every so often, while other boards
like MSI don't have this problem.

I am getting increasingly disgusted with Gigabyte for their poor quality
products. This will be the last time I ever buy anything from Gigabyte.

Old June 12th 06, 11:22 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.gigabyte,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.misc,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.cd-rom,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte

"Bad Rubbish" wrote in message
Anyone experience any sticky issues with their Gigabyte DVD drives? I left
a cd in the drive for a while and one day I had trouble removing it. I
pressed the eject button but it seemed like it was stuck. After several
tries, the tray popped open jerkily. Then I noticed there was a sticky
substance around the hole in the centre of the cd. So it seems the gasket
or washer in the drive was disintegrating and releasing this sticky
substance.

Their mobos have loose sockets allowing dust to get in and messing up the
computer. They have to be cleaned out every so often, while other boards
like MSI don't have this problem.

I am getting increasingly disgusted with Gigabyte for their poor quality
products. This will be the last time I ever buy anything from Gigabyte.

that awful news....it seem like some stuff is melting to cause sticky...

bad form gigabyte my man...

Old June 12th 06, 01:34 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte

Some Hitachi video recorders had a problem with a washer, the washer
just de-composed causing a sticky black gooey gunge, which just got
worse as you wiped it... to get the gunge off I had to wipe them with
Isopropanol.

Sounds much the same, they just de-composed, no heat involved etc. I
have no problems with Gigabyte mobos though.

Was wondering if it is really a Gigabyte or someone else's made under
license for them.

Davy

Old June 17th 06, 01:58 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.gigabyte,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.misc,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.cd-rom,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte

Wesley wrote:
"Bad Rubbish" wrote in message

snip

Their mobos have loose sockets allowing dust to get in and messing up the
computer. They have to be cleaned out every so often, while other boards
like MSI don't have this problem.

snip

What on Earth are you talking about?

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0624-2, 15/06/2006
Tested on: 17/06/2006 01:58:57

Old July 1st 06, 04:37 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.gigabyte,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.misc,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.cd-rom,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
dobey

Home Theatre Guy wrote in message

CD/DVD rom traya are not for Donut holding.

No they are for cup holding.