AMD and ATI?

Old June 2nd 06, 02:05 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64

Default AMD and ATI?

There have been a few posted rumors about ATI buying ATI. I'd rather see
AMD take Creative - then maybe we'd see real on board sound - audigy 2
chipset or an audigy 2 PCI express sound card.

Old June 2nd 06, 06:50 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64

"Boe" wrote in message
There have been a few posted rumors about ATI buying ATI. I'd rather see AMD
take Creative - then maybe we'd see real on board sound - audigy 2 chipset or an
audigy 2 PCI express sound card.

How would ATI buy itself? Take money from their left pocket and put it in their
right?

(*

Old June 4th 06, 08:02 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64

Hawk wrote:
"Boe" wrote in message
There have been a few posted rumors about ATI buying ATI. I'd rather see AMD
take Creative - then maybe we'd see real on board sound - audigy 2 chipset or an
audigy 2 PCI express sound card.

How would ATI buy itself? Take money from their left pocket and put it in their
right?

(*

Or, buy back stock owned by non-ATI people. It happens.
But I do hope if it has to be one way, AMD buys ATI and Intel gets
Gforce.
Intel's incompetence and Gforce's oddball operating cards and software
will
compliment each other.

Old June 5th 06, 11:58 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64

Intel havent gone for Geforce as of yet but they seem to work better -
nvidia offer better features on intel mobo's as standard

As an intel usert this makes me very happy...

Intel has focused on the communications side of things for now - with
networking (probably with marvell but this hasnt been confirmed) and
Skype.

Would be nice to see AMD take ATi and Intel to take nVIDIA ...
Although i wouldnt like to look at cross compatability if this
happened...

(odd that- the hottest graphics going with the coolest cpu's...)

--
Matt_2k34
Matt_2k34's Profile: http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/member.php?u=2100