Plextor burner pricing astronomic

Old May 30th 06, 06:24 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64

Default Plextor burner pricing astronomic

Sony's $50/ea, LiteOn $40, Plextor $120? I know their reputation, but
that seems
a bit too much more to make sense, unless they do something with them
that costs
so much more in production or gives you better reliability and accuracy.

Old June 2nd 06, 10:54 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64

On 29 May 2006 22:24:25 -0700, "Rich" wrote:

Sony's $50/ea, LiteOn $40, Plextor $120? I know their reputation, but
that seems
a bit too much more to make sense, unless they do something with them
that costs
so much more in production or gives you better reliability and accuracy.

Actually their rep has been pretty bad the last couple of models.

Old June 2nd 06, 11:43 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64

"Rich" wrote in message
oups.com...
Sony's $50/ea, LiteOn $40, Plextor $120? I know their reputation, but
that seems
a bit too much more to make sense, unless they do something with them
that costs
so much more in production or gives you better reliability and accuracy.

it's funny, I bought a plextor a few years ago (cd-RW at the time) ebcuase
they were supposivly the best, I didn't have any problems with it for about
6 months, my friended needed a CD-RW so I recommended the same drive I did.
I ended up selling my CD-RW to a friend when I got a sony DVD-RW. well the
person I sold it to (who always asks me for computer help) was having a
strange problem about a year later, his computer wouldn't post, for the life
of me I couldn't figure out why. long story short, I unplugged the plextor
and BOOM, it worked without a hitch, plugged it back in, and it would hang
on boot up. I was shocked, strange thing is, a few months later my other
friend (who I orignally recommended the same drive to) had the same problem
and he called me asking for help, I instantly told him to try unplugging the
plextor, and sure enough, it worked... ever since this I've avoided them and
gone with sony or lite on.

-Nick

Old June 3rd 06, 01:43 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64

On Fri, 2 Jun 2006 18:43:37 -0400, "Nick" wrote:

"Rich" wrote in message
roups.com...
[...]

Latest think I heard was that (take it is it is) when production
shifted from Korea to China, quality fell. I wonder why their
prices didn't drop at least a little, given their labour costs
fell by 2/3rds?

Pocket Watch Software Changes ActivePrint Pricing C. Teel Printers 0 July 28th 04 08:43 PM
Dell Pricing - Not a Flame Mike Dell Computers 11 July 24th 04 05:02 AM
Nero 6 pricing Morgan Cdr 3 July 23rd 03 10:37 PM
Dell pricing... Website versus mail out catalogue JBL Dell Computers 4 July 5th 03 01:11 PM