Hardware Conflicts in Deskpro EP

Old May 5th 06, 03:38 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq

Default Hardware Conflicts in Deskpro EP

Hello there. I have a Compaq Deskpro EP C466 (Celeron), Intel 810
Chipset and I installed a Voodoo 3 2000 card and a 3COM 3C905C-TX
NIC.

Using Win2000 it works fine, without trouble. But when I try to use a
Windows ME, I get a hardware conflict with the BIOS Plug and Play of
the computer. I've tried to install the drivers from the vendors
(both 3COM and 3DFx) and the conflicts still happen.

Is there a way to avoid this? The Windows ME doesn't allow me to
manually set the configuration and the BIOS has only a few settings,
not like the Award BIOS for example that allows me to set a lot of
things.

This is a big challenge...lol

Thanks.

Old May 5th 06, 05:34 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq

"perhaps the worst of the DOS-based Windows" ??? No perhaps about it! WinMe
was simply awful.

HH

"Ben Myers" ben_myers_spam_me_not @ charter.net wrote in message
perhaps
the worst of the DOS-based Windows... Ben Myers

Old May 6th 06, 01:32 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq

Thank you guys for the help. I said WinME because it's newer than
Win98SE. The intention is because I would like to play my old DOS
games and that's why I thougt on WinMe (sucks for sure).

Do you think that Win98SE will have less conflicts problems?

Thanks again.