ga-8ik1100 boot problems

Old April 27th 06, 07:34 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte

Default ga-8ik1100 boot problems

I recently recevied a custom built computer with an GA-8IK1100
motherboard in it. I opened it up and checked it out. It all seamed
to be in great shape untill I turned it on. I got a message on the
screen saying monitor wasn't connected, etc. I have printed off a
manual from the website figuring some connection was messed up. So i
took it all apart and put it all back together and it does the same
thing. I tested the Video card on anther computer and it works. Any
takes on why it isn't working? There are also some other little
quirks that are wrong. For instance the CD-ROM drives that are in it
don't open or seam to operate while hooked up to the motherboard.
When just plugged in to the power sorce they open and seam to operate
just fine. I don't know if there is a connection I have screwed up on
or if the motherboard it self is just crapped out. It looks great,
and there are no friend chips (as far and I can see).

Old April 28th 06, 07:52 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte

tnation wrote:
I recently recevied a custom built computer with an GA-8IK1100
motherboard in it. I opened it up and checked it out. It all seamed
to be in great shape untill I turned it on. I got a message on the
screen saying monitor wasn't connected, etc. I have printed off a
manual from the website figuring some connection was messed up. So i
took it all apart and put it all back together and it does the same
thing. I tested the Video card on anther computer and it works. Any
takes on why it isn't working?

How is the monitor connected to the video card (DVI, analog)? When do
you get this message (POST, after o/s start)? What operating system is
installed?

Old April 28th 06, 08:03 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte

Travis Jordan wrote:
tnation wrote:
I recently recevied a custom built computer with an GA-8IK1100
motherboard in it. I opened it up and checked it out. It all seamed
to be in great shape untill I turned it on. I got a message on the
screen saying monitor wasn't connected, etc. I have printed off a
manual from the website figuring some connection was messed up. So i
took it all apart and put it all back together and it does the same
thing. I tested the Video card on anther computer and it works. Any
takes on why it isn't working?

How is the monitor connected to the video card (DVI, analog)? When do
you get this message (POST, after o/s start)? What operating system
is installed?

If you are referring to the standard (?) "monitor not connected" message
that you get when you turn the monitor on without the PC running or
connected then have you checked the monitor on another system? Also,
make sure the system speaker is connected to the MB and listen for any
BIOS POST beep codes.