Hibernate GA-8KNXP Windows XP

Old April 26th 06, 10:12 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte

Default Hibernate GA-8KNXP Windows XP

I hibernate my Windows XP SP1 but when I resume the system, the resuming
operation is stopped on a black screen with a blank line at the bottom of
the screen.
I have to press "reset" to restart the boot, then I select "Continue
resuming" (not sure of the spelling) and then finally I get my Windows ready
!
I would like to succeed in resuming the Windows session automatically every
day at the same time.

Why do I have to reset the PC in order to resume the wake-up process ??

Frank

Old April 29th 06, 04:36 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte

Frank Buff wrote:
I hibernate my Windows XP SP1 but when I resume the system, the resuming
operation is stopped on a black screen with a blank line at the bottom of
the screen.
I have to press "reset" to restart the boot, then I select "Continue
resuming" (not sure of the spelling) and then finally I get my Windows ready
!
I would like to succeed in resuming the Windows session automatically every
day at the same time.

Why do I have to reset the PC in order to resume the wake-up process ??

Sounds like a video-problem to me.

Is there an option like "report video on resume" in the BIOS? If so, try
toggling it and see what happens.

Also, make sure you got the latest video drivers from the chip manufacturer
directly (i.e. ATI or nVidia or another). Same goes for the chipset drivers.
Don't use the ones on the CD, but get them from the Intel website directly
(I believe 7.2.2 is the latest package). In my experience, older drivers may
cause hibernation problems, so that's why you need to check that thouroghly.

Last but not least, SP2 may fix this problem as well. You should install SP2
anyway, it's there for good reasons.

--
Thanks,

Martijn Saly
Old May 1st 06, 07:54 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte

"Thany" wrote in message
Frank Buff wrote:
[...]

Thanks for your very detailed suggestions
I have work to do for cheking all of them.

Frank

Old June 26th 06, 04:21 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte

I just did a clean install of WinXP Pro SP-2 on a GA-8KNXP v2 board. Used
the latest Intel RAID driver for the ICH5R and the latest chipset driver. Am
using the very latest video drivers for my MSI GeForce FX 5600GX Nvidia card
and have installed all the Windows Updates. Still have the exact same
problem! I guess that's a slight improvement because before when I tried to
use hibernate I'd get a blue screen freeze! Hope you have better luck.