Compaq s5322cc will not start up

Old April 17th 06, 09:32 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq

Default Compaq s5322cc will not start up

I took off the back of the computer to install the wireless G router
card. After taking off the back, I realized that the card wouldn't
even fit into the back. i put the back on again, and turned on the
computer. It makes all the noise and the lights turn on, but the only
thing it does is go to a screen that says "Compaq pentium
4". Did i ruin something in the back when i took off the back
part? I noticed it was hideoulsy dusty as well. Could that be part of
the problem?

Old April 17th 06, 10:35 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq

kristy99 wrote:
I took off the back of the computer to install the wireless G router
card. After taking off the back, I realized that the card wouldn't
even fit into the back. i put the back on again, and turned on the
computer. It makes all the noise and the lights turn on, but the only
thing it does is go to a screen that says "Compaq pentium
4". Did i ruin something in the back when i took off the back
part? I noticed it was hideoulsy dusty as well. Could that be part of
the problem?

It's very possible that you moved the dust around in
such a way that it's now causing a problem.

But first, make sure that all cables and connectors
are firmly attached to the back of your machine.

Then I'd go get a can of compressed air -- it's sold at
most any computer or office supply store for $5 - 10,
and give your machine a good blowing out. Take it
outside first, of course!

Then I'd carefully check to make sure that the boards
are seated correctly in their slots, and any cables
are firmly attached. Before actually touching anything
inside the box, make sure you're grounded! The easiest
way to make sure you're grounded is to leave the
computer plugged in until you are ready to remove the
cover. Then, hold on to the bare metal of the case,
unplug the computer, and ensure that you remain in
contact with the case with at least one hand always,
until you're done.

More than that... I don't know. Were it two-and-a-half
weeks ago, I'd suggest that you shake the machine with
hopes that you could shake back together whatever might
have shaken loose in your earlier fun... but... the
first is long gone.

thomas.

Compaq FAQ HH Compaq Computers 0 March 13th 05 01:52 PM
Compaq FAQ HH Compaq Computers 0 November 20th 04 12:05 PM
Compaq FAQ HH Compaq Computers 0 July 24th 04 02:30 PM
Compaq FAQ HH Compaq Computers 0 June 13th 04 03:37 PM
Compaq ready to go Jazzy Ban Compaq Computers 0 October 14th 03 02:54 PM