Athlon with Pacfifica : when ?

Old April 17th 06, 11:18 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64

Default Athlon with Pacfifica : when ?

Hello,

I'm considering buying a new AMD X2 processor.
I've not made choice between socket 939 (which allow me save old RAM and
pehaps 939 motherboard) and new AM2.
But I want a CPU with Pacifica enabled.

Where can we find information about avaibility of AMD processor with
Pacifica, for AM2 or 939 socket?

Old April 17th 06, 11:33 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64

A quick google and I came up with this
http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...GLG,GGLG:2005-
33,GGLG:en&q=amd+pacifica

You may also want to hang off on new tech until it is at least tested and
found stable.
I personally dont like to use anything till at least ver. 1.2 or 1.5.
Just call me paranoid, but I like to let others be guinea pigs for new tech.

Old April 17th 06, 01:43 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64

The google search did not give answer on my question.

Old April 17th 06, 10:33 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64

On Mon, 17 Apr 2006 14:43:42 +0200, Gilles Vollant wrote:

The google search did not give answer on my question.

Go to any search engine, google, yahoo, whatever, and type in amd pacifica
and search.

Results 1 - 10 of about 140,000 for amd pacifica - 0.11 sec.

1.
Press Releases Open this result in new window ... AMD Releases
"Pacifica" Specification For AMD64 Technology ... customers and
hardware and software partners to develop Pacifica,' AMD is leading
the rising tide of industry support ...
amd.com/us-en/Corporate/VirtualPressRoom/0,,51_104_543~98372,00.html
- 46k - Cached - More from this site - Save
2.
Press Releases Open this result in new window ... AMD Unveils
Virtualization Platform. - AMD To Deliver "Pacifica" Specification
to AMD64 Technology ... elements of its "Pacifica" virtualization
technology, at the AMD Reviewer's Day in ...
amd.com/us-en/Corporate/VirtualPressRoom/0,,51_104_543~96162,00.html
- 47k - Cached - More from this site - Save
3.
AMD's Pacifica revealed in full Open this result in new window ...
Pacifica is the new hardware virtualisation hardware from AMD, and
early next year, it should start ... question out of the way,
Pacifica is not directly compatible with Vanderpool ...
www.theinquirer.net/?article=23721 - 51k - Cached - More from this
site - Save
4.
AMD Invites Developers to Pacifica Open this result in new window
The chipmaker discussed the specifics of its Pacifica Virtualization
technology for the first time publicly at the Processor Forum. ...
To that end, AMD executives listed Pacifica features, including a
memory management element, which the company says ...
www.eweek.com/article2/0,1895,1877640,00.asp - 87k - Cached - More
from this site - Save
5.
AMD details Pacifica virtualization plan | Tech News on ZDNet Open
this result in new window ... RSS Feeds. GO. AMD details Pacifica
virtualization plan ... AMD began releasing some Pacifica details in
March but published a PDF of the full specification Wednesday ...
news.zdnet.com/2100-9584_22-5720278.html - 32k - Cached - More from
this site - Save
6.
AMD details Pacifica virtualization plan | CNET News.com Open this
result in new window ... Tech Cutting Edge Access Threats Media 2.0
Markets Digital Life. Options. AMD details Pacifica virtualization
plan ... Readers who read AMD details Pacifica virtualization plan
also read ...
news.com.com/AMD+details+Pacifica+...+plan/2100-1006_3-5720278.html
- 50k - Cached - More from this site - Save
7.
AMD Preps 'Pacifica' Virtualization Technology Open this result in
new window The chip maker is developing its own virtualization
technology to counter Intel's "Silvervale."
www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,1644414,00.asp - More from this site -
Save
8.
VR-Zone : Technology Beats - AMD "Pacifica" Specification Open this
result in new window Search. Add VR-Zone Headlines in RSS. [AMD
"Pacifica" Specification] Page Title: AMD "Pacifica" Specification.
Category: Processors. Type: News. Posted By: Visionary. Date: May
26, 2005, 8:24 am www.vr-zone.com/?i=2236&s=1 - 29k - Cached - More
from this site - Save
9.
AMD announces Pacifica specifica Open this result in new window ...
Subscribe/unsubscribe here. AMD announces Pacifica specifica.
Liquification in the virtualisation station ... AMD ANOUNCED
PACIFICA yesterday, and while the full spec is not going ...
www.theinquirer.net/?article=22212 - 52k - Cached - More from this
site - Save
10.
X-bit labs - Hardware news - AMD Touts "Pacifica", a Virtualization
Technique. Open this result in new window Information. The results
of our annual 2005 Readers' Choice poll have been summarized and the
winners have been finally identified. 18 prestigious awards have
been given by over 30,000 of regular X-bit labs readers. ... AMD
Touts "Pacifica", a Virtualization Technique. AMD Aims to Offer
Alternative to Vanderpool ... "Pacifica is an AMD program focused on
enhancing virtualization technology," said ...
http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/cpu/dis...912113927.html - 24k - Cached
- More from this site - Save