Physics accelerator? When did this come out?

Old March 27th 06, 01:43 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Default Physics accelerator? When did this come out?

Seen that the Dell "Renegade" system included a Physics
accelerators card. How exactly does this thing work, and is there any
games taking adavantage of such a thing? DirectX maybe?
Old March 27th 06, 02:34 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Larry Roberts wrote:

Seen that the Dell "Renegade" system included a Physics
accelerators card. How exactly does this thing work, and is there any
games taking adavantage of such a thing? DirectX maybe?

There's a list at http://physx.ageia.com/titles.html. Not a very long
one.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
Old March 27th 06, 03:15 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Larry Roberts wrote:
Seen that the Dell "Renegade" system included a Physics
accelerators card. How exactly does this thing work, and is there any
games taking adavantage of such a thing? DirectX maybe?

It's simply a card used to compute all the physics in a game. The game
of course has to be programmed around it and there are only two games
out there that have patches for it. Some of the videos are phenomenal.

--
Shinnokxz - http://www.coryhansen.com
"I'm sorry. It's time for you to go." spoke the Gord.
Old March 28th 06, 02:04 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

"Shinnokxz" wrote in message
Larry Roberts wrote:
Seen that the Dell "Renegade" system included a Physics
accelerators card. How exactly does this thing work, and is there any
games taking adavantage of such a thing? DirectX maybe?

It's simply a card used to compute all the physics in a game. The game of
course has to be programmed around it and there are only two games out
there that have patches for it. Some of the videos are phenomenal.

--
Shinnokxz - http://www.coryhansen.com
"I'm sorry. It's time for you to go." spoke the Gord.

My hope is that card developers will start to incorporate the the PhysX chip
right into their graphics card designs. This would truly bring about a
revolution in games. We've seen what the less powerful Havok engine can do
for games, but this would be leaps and bounds better.

RF.

ATI Interview - The Power of the Xbox 360 GPU Air Raid Nvidia Videocards 0 January 25th 06 03:11 AM
ATI Interview - The Power of the Xbox 360 GPU Air Raid Ati Videocards 0 January 25th 06 03:11 AM
Physics Processing Units YKhan General 5 March 9th 05 07:54 PM
a new printer physics? [email protected] Printers 0 February 12th 05 01:12 AM
SNL Research labs Advance Z-Quantum Physics new type of physics is unlocked! Has to be run with A.I timothy liverance Storage & Hardrives 0 April 30th 04 05:56 PM