where to buy amd barebones?

Old March 24th 06, 04:16 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64

Default where to buy amd barebones?

I'm looking for advice on online retailers to buy from. Looking to get
an amd x2 4400-based system, and all of the retailers from pricewatch
seem to be a little shady (smksuperstore, supergooddeal, pcparts.com,
magicmicro.com). Does anyone have any suggestions of reliable online
retailers to buy from? or maybe one of the aforementioned retailers is
legit? I just don't feel like dealing with wrong parts swapped in,
damaged shipping, etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old March 24th 06, 05:10 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64

On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 08:16:55 -0800, Doug wrote:

I'm looking for advice on online retailers to buy from. Looking to get an
amd x2 4400-based system, and all of the retailers from pricewatch seem to
be a little shady (smksuperstore, supergooddeal, pcparts.com,
magicmicro.com). Does anyone have any suggestions of reliable online
retailers to buy from? or maybe one of the aforementioned retailers is
legit? I just don't feel like dealing with wrong parts swapped in,
damaged shipping, etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If you are looking for parts then Newegg is the preferred source. If you
are looking to get a custom system then MonarchComputer.

Old March 24th 06, 07:22 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64

"Doug" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm looking for advice on online retailers to buy from. Looking to get
an amd x2 4400-based system, and all of the retailers from pricewatch
seem to be a little shady (smksuperstore, supergooddeal, pcparts.com,
magicmicro.com). Does anyone have any suggestions of reliable online
retailers to buy from? or maybe one of the aforementioned retailers is
legit? I just don't feel like dealing with wrong parts swapped in,
damaged shipping, etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Definitely Newegg.com if they have what you want. You can also check

resellerratings.com to get an idea of the "goodness" or "badness" of alot of
online retailers.

Old March 24th 06, 08:51 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64

I actually use reseller ratings a lot, but I'm even suspect of some of
those ratings. I feel like it's easy to go in and rate yourself.
Maybe I'm paranoid.

Old March 25th 06, 02:18 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64

http://www.kc-computers.com/
I've bought three computers from him and he's great to deal with. Look at
HIS reseller ratings and you'll see. Also, read several of the comments
about him. What comes through is how communicative he is with customers and
potential customers.
I think his prices may be on the high side, but then you're paying for the
reliability and trustworthyness of the vendor.

oups.com...

Old April 8th 06, 07:43 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64

try mwave.com they rock i got my system there and it was shipping quik all
original packaging with warranty information and packaged very well to
reduce chances of shipping damages .. everytime i have ordered from mwave i
have yet to be dissapointed nice prices as well

Old April 8th 06, 01:48 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64

If you are looking for parts then Newegg is the preferred source. If you
are looking to get a custom system then MonarchComputer.

I concur, Newegg for parts, Monarch for custom systems.

Old April 8th 06, 02:29 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64

On Sat, 08 Apr 2006 08:48:07 -0400, General Schvantzkoph wrote:

If you are looking for parts then Newegg is the preferred source. If you
are looking to get a custom system then MonarchComputer.

I concur, Newegg for parts, Monarch for custom systems.

I feel like an idiot, I concurred with myself. I didn't notice how old the
original thread was an I didn't bother to look at the responder so I
didn't see that it was me.
Old April 8th 06, 09:42 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64

"General Schvantzkoph" wrote in message
news

I feel like an idiot, I concurred with myself. I didn't notice how old the
original thread was an I didn't bother to look at the responder so I
didn't see that it was me.

Nothing to be ashamed of, General. Some of the most riveting conversations
of my life are ones I had with myself.
The people walking by the park bench I was on may have thought otherwise,
but what do THEY know?