Really makes sense - NOT

Old March 24th 06, 09:05 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Default Really makes sense - NOT

So a 6800GS and a 7300GS
Which do you think would be faster!!!

6800GS = £140
7300GS = £50

SlicK
p.s
I have a 6800GS and I know the 7300GS will be slower

Old March 24th 06, 10:52 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Nothing out of the ordinary. The 6200 is slower than the 5900. The 5200 is
slower than the 4600.

nVidia's model numbers are catching up with Radeon model numbers from a few
years ago. Some users already confuse the Radeon 7500 with the Geforce
7-series.

Old March 25th 06, 12:03 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

It's simple. The first digit is the series or family number. So a 6200 is
of the same family as the 6800. The remaining digits, for the most part,
represent it's performance relative to the rest of it's family. So a 5900
is faster than a 5700 and a 5600 is faster than a 5200. Now does it make
sense?

DaveL

Old March 25th 06, 01:20 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

So does it work like this?

7900
7800
7600 6800
7300 6600 5900
6500 5700
6200 5600 4800
5200 4600
4200

Then throw in GT, LE, and GS in there and it really jumbles things up!

. ..

Old March 26th 06, 03:20 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

A 4800 and 4600 are same level? I don't think so. Ti4800 was slightly more
powerful than the Ti4600, otherwise, why buy one over the other?

And as far as time on my hands, it took me all of five minutes (if that).
Typing text and using the tab key isn't that hard to do.

Old March 26th 06, 04:51 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

"HockeyTownUSA" magma at comcast dot net wrote in message
A 4800 and 4600 are same level? I don't think so. Ti4800 was slightly more
powerful than the Ti4600, otherwise, why buy one over the other?

The 4800 denotes a 4600 with AGP8x support, with exactly the same clock
speeds, which doesn't do much for performance. Here's an article:
http://www.gamepc.com/labs/view_cont...kie%5Ftest =1