Ga- K8vnxp-939 via k8t800 pro chipset

Old March 18th 06, 12:28 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte

Default Ga- K8vnxp-939 via k8t800 pro chipset

Hi all ,
Can anyone help me I have a GA-K8VNXP motherboard with a Via K8T800 chipset
I have 4 sticks of identical memory -Crucial 512Mb 184 pin DIMM DDR 400 CL3
unbuffered.
The problem I am having is that when I put 2 sticks of this memory in dimm 1
and 2 to enable dual memory everyting works fine
but when I put the other 2 sticks of memory in dimm 3 and 4 I get random
shut downs and blue screens
according to the motherboard book it should work fine ?
I have tried moving the memory around but always get the same results ?
Help anyone.........

Gr@y
Just remember we all make mistakes,
thats why they but little rubbers on the end of pencils )

Old March 18th 06, 01:33 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte

Have you tried the sticks that you put in 3 & 4 in Dim 1 & 2
sockets, this would prove the stick's are ok and clear them of
blame.

I have a Gigabyte 7VAXP and only recommends specific brands when
working at 'full throttle' and wondered if something like this was
relevant.

Can the power supply cope with the extra load..? Wonder if going into
bios and taking a note of the DIM voltages with just two sticks and
then with four sticks would prove anything.

Hope somone will come along and throw more light for you.

Davy

Old March 19th 06, 03:53 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte

Have you tried contacting Crucial support?
They are usually helpfull, and may reccommend some specific manual settings
for the memory

. uk...