PATA to SATA Converter

Old March 17th 06, 03:13 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte

Default PATA to SATA Converter

GA-8ANXP-D Motherboard -
Using PATA to SATA Converter -

I am trying to find information concerning the PATA hard
drive jumper settings. I had connected the converter and was able to load
XP but system refused to boot afterwards.

I have searched Gigabytes web site and googled all over Internet and not
finding any reference to drive jumper settings when using the converter or
why I am having problems with this.

I would appreciate any info on PATA drive jumper settings.

Thanks in advance.

Dave P

Old March 17th 06, 09:12 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte

Dnia 2006-03-17 04:13, Użytkownik Dave P napisał/a:

I would appreciate any info on PATA drive jumper settings.

Try to set drive as Master/Single drive.
--
Roman S±siada
katoda(znaczek)poczta.onet.pl
Old March 17th 06, 11:37 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte

Thanks for your reply. I tried that setting but the computer wont boot
after loading Windows XP, it just freezes up on boot after what appears to
be a good install.

Dave P.

Old March 17th 06, 12:17 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte

"Dave P" wrote in message
GA-8ANXP-D Motherboard -
Using PATA to SATA Converter -

I am trying to find information concerning the PATA hard
drive jumper settings. I had connected the converter and was able to load
XP but system refused to boot afterwards.

I have searched Gigabytes web site and googled all over Internet and not
finding any reference to drive jumper settings when using the converter or
why I am having problems with this.

I would appreciate any info on PATA drive jumper settings.

Thanks in advance.

Dave P

If I'm reading this right you're using a standard IDE drive through a
converter into a SATA controller ... if that's the case did you press F6
when asked during the XP install and load the SATA drivers for your
motherboard?

Mal

Old March 17th 06, 08:05 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte

I am now using 2 PATA to SATA converters for my PATA HDs. I use SATA
cables for the HDs. It works OK and I don't need to install any
drivers in XP. Just plug in and use "auto" in the BIOs setting.

As to the PATA HD jumper setting set it to Master.

Old March 17th 06, 09:27 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte

"Mal" wrote in message

"Dave P" wrote in message
GA-8ANXP-D Motherboard -
Using PATA to SATA Converter -

I am trying to find information concerning the PATA hard
drive jumper settings. I had connected the converter and was able to
load XP but system refused to boot afterwards.

I have searched Gigabytes web site and googled all over Internet and not
finding any reference to drive jumper settings when using the converter
or why I am having problems with this.

I would appreciate any info on PATA drive jumper settings.

Thanks in advance.

Dave P

If I'm reading this right you're using a standard IDE drive through a
converter into a SATA controller ... if that's the case did you press F6
when asked during the XP install and load the SATA drivers for your
motherboard?

Mal

Yes, loaded F6 drivers. This board wont even boot windows using straight
IDE to IDE.
Board is toast.

Dave P

Old March 19th 06, 07:46 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte

Dave P wrote:
Yes, loaded F6 drivers. This board wont even boot windows using
straight IDE to IDE.
Board is toast.

You did a CMOS reset after you changed the configuration, right?