Game port for GA-7N400 Pro2

Old March 4th 06, 08:26 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte

Default Game port for GA-7N400 Pro2

Hi,

1. The above motherboard (7N400pro2) has internal pins for game port.
2. I need them for MIDI connection (connecting a midi keyboard).
3. I don't have the panel for it, and the importer neither has them.
4. I need at least the definition of the MIDI pins so I can build a MIDI
panel myself (which pin goes to which pin in the DIN or game port
socket.)

Can anyone help with this issue?

Thanks
Uzi
For e-mail contact and other, see:
http://www.uzipaz.com

Old March 5th 06, 08:45 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte

"Uzi" wrote in message
Hi,

1. The above motherboard (7N400pro2) has internal pins for game port.
2. I need them for MIDI connection (connecting a midi keyboard).
3. I don't have the panel for it, and the importer neither has them.
4. I need at least the definition of the MIDI pins so I can build a MIDI
panel myself (which pin goes to which pin in the DIN or game port
socket.)

Can anyone help with this issue?

Thanks
Uzi
For e-mail contact and other, see:
http://www.uzipaz.com

Dabs usually stock accessories for Gigabyte boards but unfortunately they
are out of stock at present - keep checking back...

http://www.dabs.com/ProductView.aspx...09&InMerc h=1

Old March 6th 06, 02:43 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte

"Uzi" wrote in message
On Sun, 5 Mar 2006 20:45:41 -0000, "Schrodinger's cat"
wrote:

"Uzi" wrote in message
. ..
Hi,

1. The above motherboard (7N400pro2) has internal pins for game port.
2. I need them for MIDI connection (connecting a midi keyboard).
3. I don't have the panel for it, and the importer neither has them.
4. I need at least the definition of the MIDI pins so I can build a MIDI
panel myself (which pin goes to which pin in the DIN or game port
socket.)

Can anyone help with this issue?

Thanks
Uzi
For e-mail contact and other, see:
http://www.uzipaz.com

Dabs usually stock accessories for Gigabyte boards but unfortunately they
are out of stock at present - keep checking back...

http://www.dabs.com/ProductView.aspx...09&InMerc h=1

Thanks. It seems that they do not sell this abroad, so I need to either
find it in a store that ships to Israel (where I live) or still need the
documentation in order to build it myself.

Thanks,
Uzi
For e-mail contact and other, see:
http://www.uzipaz.com

I guess no one can figure out why you don't just buy an inexpensive sound
card with a MITI port on it. Disable the the on-board sound and install
same.
JPS

Old March 6th 06, 06:08 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte

On Mon, 6 Mar 2006 09:43:55 -0500, "jpsga" wrote:

I guess no one can figure out why you don't just buy an inexpensive sound
card with a MITI port on it. Disable the the on-board sound and install
same.
JPS

If I cannot get the mapping of the pins, then this is exactly what I'm
going to do. connecting the pins is still simpler (if I have the map).

In fact, I was looking for the pins definition of the game port on the
board - not for buying an adapeter.

Old March 6th 06, 07:19 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte

"Uzi" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 6 Mar 2006 09:43:55 -0500, "jpsga" wrote:

I guess no one can figure out why you don't just buy an inexpensive sound
card with a MITI port on it. Disable the the on-board sound and install
same.
JPS

If I cannot get the mapping of the pins, then this is exactly what I'm
going to do. connecting the pins is still simpler (if I have the map).

In fact, I was looking for the pins definition of the game port on the
board - not for buying an adapeter.
Uzi
For e-mail contact and other, see:
http://www.uzipaz.com

This is in your manual (Page 40). If you have lost the manual, you can
download it from Gigabyte.

If you don't have broadband to download the manual just post back here and
I'll tell you the pin definitions.

HTH

Martin

Old March 7th 06, 10:06 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte

On Mon, 6 Mar 2006 19:19:20 -0000, "Schrodinger's cat"
wrote:

This is in your manual (Page 40). If you have lost the manual, you can
download it from Gigabyte.

If you don't have broadband to download the manual just post back here and
I'll tell you the pin definitions.

Many thanks,
I have no idea why I overlooked it in the first place.

Thank you very much. That solved my problem, and I now have my keyboard
connected and MIDI connection works fine.

Old March 7th 06, 07:31 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte

wrote:

This is in your manual (Page 40). If you have lost the manual, you can
download it from Gigabyte.

If you don't have broadband to download the manual just post back here and
I'll tell you the pin definitions.

Many thanks,
I have no idea why I overlooked it in the first place.

Thank you very much. That solved my problem, and I now have my keyboard
connected and MIDI connection works fine.
Uzi
For e-mail contact and other, see:
http://www.uzipaz.com

Excellent - well done.

Martin

!! Starwars: Empire at war !! Skybuck Flying Nvidia Videocards 10 February 24th 06 06:15 PM
RAM problem Alb Asus Motherboards 9 January 31st 06 12:48 PM
Asus A7N8X-X and AMD Athlon XP 3200+ Information Scavenger Asus Motherboards 30 November 9th 04 09:30 PM
Update on Athlon 2600 XP problem David Simmons Asus Motherboards 3 August 27th 04 03:52 AM
Please Help with wiring for Game Port Cable John Balatsas Homebuilt PC's 3 May 4th 04 11:08 AM