Is MS ever going to shrinkwrap XP64?

Old March 1st 06, 05:35 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64

Default Is MS ever going to shrinkwrap XP64?

Just a WAG on my part. Is MS going to make us wait for Vista if we
are to be able to build or upgrade our own systems?

I understand that drivers are a problem and MS doesn't want unhappy
customers.

--
a d y k e s @ p a n i x . c o m

Don't blame me. I voted for Gore.
Old March 1st 06, 07:42 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64

Windows XP Professional x64 Edition has bee available fro purchase for well
over a year.

Welcome to our planet. Please stay awhile and try to learn about us while
you are here.

Bobby

Old March 2nd 06, 12:41 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64

It is further alleged that on or about Wed, 01 Mar 2006 19:42:25 GMT,
in alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64, the queezy keyboard of "NoNoBadDog!"
spewed the following:

|Windows XP Professional x64 Edition has bee available fro purchase for well
|over a year.
|
|Welcome to our planet. Please stay awhile and try to learn about us while
|you are here.

And the OP can still get a 4 month trial of x64 he
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/6...ion/trial.mspx
Just slap in a new hdd and dual boot. Fun for hours.
--

-nos1eep
Old March 2nd 06, 02:42 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64

I'm not totally impressed with VISTA Beta. I use XP x64 and had no
problem finding drivers. When I first installed x64, I thought I
wouldn't be able to install my ScanSoft (PaperPort), because the
software came with a MFC (hardware) package, so the CD wouldn't install
w/autoplay. I found 64-bit drivers for my MFC from the Manufacturer Web
Site and then explored the CD to find the installation program for
PaperPort and it works flawlessly. WOW64 in the OS kernal works good.
The only problem software is Utilities and Virus. There are 64-bit
compatable virus software out there but but I don't care for the
companies. Kaspersky Lab is putting their x64 versions on the market in
April, so I'll wait for them. Now, don't under-rate me, I don't have to
upgrade for VISTA, I'm already living in the future. I'm just not a
gamer, I don't need Aero Glass. Oh, by the way, I am currently online
without active Virus software and can even turn off the Windows x64
Firewall without fear of spyware or intruders (hackers) because I'm
100% stealthy with a hardware firewall, namely ALPHA SHIELD (only
$100). Of course I can still get a Virus if I open bad E-Mail, but I
generally know what E-Mail to delete, so not a problem.