ASUS Motherboard with integrated video?

Old September 10th 03, 08:50 PM
KILOWATT

Default ASUS Motherboard with integrated video?

Hi everyones. I will change my mobo this week-end. I went to the
ASUS website under "pick my motherboard" section. They don't
seems to provide any integrated video chipset on their boards. I'm i right?

--
Alain(alias:Kilowatt)
Montréal Québec

Old September 11th 03, 02:38 AM
kony

On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 15:50:54 -0400, "KILOWATT" kilowatt"no
wrote:

Hi everyones. I will change my mobo this week-end. I went to the
ASUS website under "pick my motherboard" section. They don't
seems to provide any integrated video chipset on their boards. I'm i right?

They have several, each should have a "-VM" at the end of it's model
name.

Dave
Old September 11th 03, 02:40 AM
kony

wrote:

Hi everyones. I will change my mobo this week-end. I went to the
ASUS website under "pick my motherboard" section. They don't
seems to provide any integrated video chipset on their boards. I'm i right?

They have several, each should have a "-VM" at the end of it's model
name.

Dave

Actually just the "V" stands for video, but the "VM" is more common
config.

Dave
Old September 11th 03, 03:54 AM
Charles Hammond

If you are looking for Asus Motherboards with integrated video look for
the motherboards that end in "-VM". Normally with Asus the integrated
video motherbards are "-V" and then "-M" is normally MATX motherboard.
Asus pretty strictly adheres to a kind of coding system in their
motherboard model names.

For instance the A7N8X Is the Nforce2 8X AGP Motherboard. The A7N8X-VM
IS integrated video, MATX. The A7N8X-X is a less expensive version of the
A7N8X motherboard.

The P4P800-VM is an Intel 865 Integrated Video MATX Motherboard. Asus had
a note on their website on a newer motherboard the P4P800S. It appeared
to be a variation and a new chipset slightly different for their previous
chipsets without Dual DDR. Asus seems to be trying to target people
looking for a discount.

On Wed, 10 Sep 2003, KILOWATT wrote:

Hi everyones. I will change my mobo this week-end. I went to the
ASUS website under "pick my motherboard" section. They don't
seems to provide any integrated video chipset on their boards. I'm i righ=

t?

--
Alain(alias:Kilowatt)
Montr=E9al Qu=E9bec

Old September 12th 03, 12:09 AM
KILOWATT

Ok...thanks very much for all your replies. Now i think
i see why on the specifications it's said "optional" for
certain components...they offer the "plain" version but
it's possible to buy a board with "optional" LAN-VIDEO...
etc-etc.

asus p2b-vt dave General 0 September 10th 03 03:51 AM
Motherboard problems - abit and Asus [email protected] General 1 August 31st 03 08:13 PM
Nforce 2 onboard video - hows it compare to a Geforce 2 GTS card? kony General 1 August 31st 03 07:30 PM
dual video, xp, and software paranoid General 1 August 26th 03 04:43 AM
Chaintech 7NIF2 motherboard - memory problems Wuahn General 1 July 26th 03 01:29 PM