XCopy

Old February 1st 06, 10:25 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64

Default XCopy

Hi,

I've just installed my first AMD Opteron machines running Windows Server
2003 64 bit edition. If I use the Dos command 'XCOPY' to copy from the
local C: drive to another locally attached drive then Xcopy does what it is
meant to do. However, if I use Xcopy to copy files to the local drive from a
mapped network drive then the volume I am copying to gets corrupt. These
machines are connected to the network with dual, teamed fibre cards.

Has anyone else experienced corruption using Xcopy on AMD Opterons or
windows 64 in general?

TIA

Tim

--

I never wish I was not what I was not when I didn't wish what I was not was
not what I am not.

Old February 1st 06, 11:52 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64

Not sure if this applies -- if you're using a board with the nividia lan
then be sure not to run its firewall, I believe it is. Maybe try a lan card.

--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/
MS Smiley :-\

Send spam to the FTC at

Thanks, robots.

Bring the Troops Home:
http://bringthemhomenow.org

Fight Spam:
http://bluesecurity.com

Old February 1st 06, 07:42 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64

Hum.... interesting........

Don't have any problem with my Nvidia based chipset (NV4) or the firewall.

"Ed Light" wrote in message
Not sure if this applies -- if you're using a board with the nividia lan
then be sure not to run its firewall, I believe it is. Maybe try a lan
card.

--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/
MS Smiley :-\

Send spam to the FTC at

Thanks, robots.

Bring the Troops Home:
http://bringthemhomenow.org

Fight Spam:
http://bluesecurity.com

Xcopy Question [email protected] Storage (alternative) 1 December 27th 04 04:18 AM
OT --- backing up files MB_ Dell Computers 15 November 26th 04 01:50 AM
External 5.25 inch floppy drive for computer? Brian Storage (alternative) 21 August 8th 04 03:51 PM
xcopy backup cdrw code_wrong Cdr 1 February 2nd 04 02:33 PM
backup with xcopy Kostas K. Storage (alternative) 5 November 25th 03 04:32 PM