Quiet Nforce3 Chipset Fan?

Old January 30th 06, 07:15 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64

Default Quiet Nforce3 Chipset Fan?

I've got an MSI NForce3, socket 939 motherboard, and the chipset fan is
very loud. It's a media center PC, so noise is bad, very bad!

Can anyone recommend a quiet replacement? Or offer any other suggestions?

Thanks!
Old January 30th 06, 07:46 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64

On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 13:15:37 -0600, No Spam wrote:

I've got an MSI NForce3, socket 939 motherboard, and the chipset fan is
very loud. It's a media center PC, so noise is bad, very bad!

Can anyone recommend a quiet replacement? Or offer any other suggestions?

Replace with passive cooler.

Old January 30th 06, 10:02 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64

something like this might do it

http://www.anitec.ca/?mode=product_d...d=2486&mcid=17

http://www.zalmanusa.com/

they show 3 models on Zalmans website...here is the idea..now look them up.

Old January 30th 06, 10:35 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64

forget it..those won't work with that model of M/B..will hit video card, you
may just have to find some low profile Ram sinks and use them.

Old February 5th 06, 07:42 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64

On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 13:15:37 -0600, No Spam wrote:

I've got an MSI NForce3, socket 939 motherboard, and the chipset fan is
very loud. It's a media center PC, so noise is bad, very bad!

Can anyone recommend a quiet replacement? Or offer any other suggestions?

Thanks!

what's the advantage of a nforce3 socket 939 motherboard ? AGP ?

Old February 5th 06, 06:54 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64

Nforce 3 939 are AGP boards..yes so that is the advantage if you don't want
to replace a decent video card yet. The only reason I went this way was to
keep my X800XL..so I could have a newer system A64-3700 San Diego and keep
running a $300 CDN video.