Blank screen at boot after installing TNT2 64 AGP.

Old January 14th 06, 09:57 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Default Blank screen at boot after installing TNT2 64 AGP.

I have a Mach Speed 694TAS/1.2g Celeron/512m memory.It currently has a
TNT2 64 PCI graphics card.I tried to install a TNT2 64 AGPcard and the
computer starts(hard drive spins up like it is booting)all I get is a
blank screen.Power light on the monitor goes from green to yellow.

Old January 14th 06, 10:42 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Does the machine post? (beep on bootup) If not theres something seriously
wrong.
The obvious would be to pull the card out and reinstall it. I don't want to
teach you to suck eggs but is it seated properly? Sometimes you have to push
so hard I think I'm going to break the boards.
There are also different versions of AGP, and they aren't all compatable,
but as you are using the agp version of the existing card thats probably not
it.
Is the card new or 2nd hand? Do you know it works?

J.

Old January 15th 06, 03:01 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Did that.The old PCI card works fine.Changed the order to AGP
first.Nothing seems to work.I think it may be the card.

Old January 15th 06, 03:01 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

No beep that I can think of.Computer works fine with the PCI version of
the same card.Not sure the card works.It came from a tower I got for
parts.

Old January 15th 06, 10:28 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

u may aswell cut ur losses and stick with pci untill u upgrade
oups.com...