Help me out with these games on FX5200

Old December 30th 05, 05:37 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Default Help me out with these games on FX5200

I have an XFX GeForce 5200FX 256 MB Video card with 128-bit memory,and
running at 333mhz.Could anyone help me out on the performance with
these games?

Far Cry
Half Life 2
Silent Hill 4
Tomb Raider Angel Of Darkness
Max Payne 2
Halo

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/Help-g...pict66926.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=334883
Old December 30th 05, 11:06 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

PN schrieb:

I have an XFX GeForce 5200FX 256 MB Video card with 128-bit memory,and
running at 333mhz.

With "running at 333MHz" you mean your computer's processor, right?

Could anyone help me out on the performance with
these games?

Far Cry
Half Life 2
Silent Hill 4
Tomb Raider Angel Of Darkness
Max Payne 2
Halo

On a 333MHz system (which probably is either a P2-333, Celeron333, or
even worse, an AMD K6-333)? Are you joking?

BTW: the FX5200 is painfull slow. Even if you have a somewhat fast
system (i.e. 2+GHz range)...

Benjamin
Old December 30th 05, 11:56 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Benjamin Gawert schrieb:
PN schrieb:

I have an XFX GeForce 5200FX 256 MB Video card with 128-bit memory,and
running at 333mhz.

With "running at 333MHz" you mean your computer's processor, right?

I don't think so.

Could anyone help me out on the performance with
these games?

Far Cry
Half Life 2
Silent Hill 4
Tomb Raider Angel Of Darkness
Max Payne 2
Halo

On a 333MHz system (which probably is either a P2-333, Celeron333, or
even worse, an AMD K6-333)? Are you joking?

I think he has overclocked his FX5200 from 250 to 333 MHz Core frequency.

BTW: the FX5200 is painfull slow. Even if you have a somewhat fast
system (i.e. 2+GHz range)...

This is correct, all the games you mentioned will not run proper on this
low end card.

Cu, Michael
Old December 30th 05, 01:28 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Michael Tipotsch schrieb:

I have an XFX GeForce 5200FX 256 MB Video card with 128-bit memory,and
running at 333mhz.

With "running at 333MHz" you mean your computer's processor, right?

I don't think so.

That's why I asked, IMHO this point isn't really clear...

On a 333MHz system (which probably is either a P2-333, Celeron333, or
even worse, an AMD K6-333)? Are you joking?

I think he has overclocked his FX5200 from 250 to 333 MHz Core frequency.

Maybe. But then, none of the FX5200s I know ran stable at 333Mhz core...

BTW: the FX5200 is painfull slow. Even if you have a somewhat fast
system (i.e. 2+GHz range)...

This is correct, all the games you mentioned will not run proper on this
low end card.

Especially if you're right and he oc'd his card, we still don't know any
thing about his computer at all. So it's hard to say if the games run
acceptable or not...

I made some tests with my FX5200 (ABit Siluro 128MB) and an ATI FireGL
8800 (basically a Radeon 8500) in a P4 2GHz with Far Cry. The ATI
delivered almost double fps than the FX5200...

Benjamin
Old December 30th 05, 07:35 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

"" wrote:
Michael Tipotsch schrieb:

[...]

WOOOOOOAHHH

WAIT UP GUYS!!

I have a P4 2.4GHZ
512 MB RAM
The FX5200 256 MB has the core clock a 333mhz(no,i didn’t overclock
it,it came like that from the box)

I Just wanna run these games at Medium Quality @ 640x480 or 800x600

hope that made things easier??

btw,i played Doom 3 at High Quality(specular,bump,and shadows on) at
800x600 with this system,and it ran at 30-40 fps(very playable)

p.s. CUT THE SILENT HILL 4 AND MAX PAYNE 2 OUT FROM THAT LIST,I BOUGHT
THEM YESTERDAY,AND THEY’RE RUNNING PERFECTLY AT HIGH QUALIY @ 1024X768

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/Help-g...pict66926.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=337105