Gigaraid driver question for 955X pro

Old December 23rd 05, 07:21 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte

Default Gigaraid driver question for 955X pro

I have just bought a GA-8I955X Pro motherboard. I realise that to install
the SATA raid I must press F6 during OS installation and load the driver.
However I will be using the Drives as follows.
My two Optical drives will be on IDE1.
My boot and data drives will be SATA
My two IDE drives will be on the Gigaraid IDE2/3. they will be run as
standard drives not Raid. Do I need to install the Gigaraid Driver through
the F6 method, or will they be recognised as separate drives without loading
this driver during installation of OS.
Will be using Win XP Pro SP2

On a separate note I will be installing this Mobo into a system that
previously had an Asus Mobo. I hope to just do a Repair Install of Win XP,
rather than a clean new installation. Anyone had any luck with this or
should I just go ahead and install to a clean HD. ( I understand this is
preferable, but I am hoping to keep everything as is).

Cheers
Freddie

Driver question Stan Ati Videocards 1 November 22nd 05 09:12 AM
Microtek scanner made my PC unusable. Robert Clark Scanners 5 June 22nd 04 10:46 PM
Latest Omega Driver Question BRH Ati Videocards 2 June 1st 04 06:54 PM
CD-ROM Missing After Boot Manager Install Joe Samangitak Storage (alternative) 1 January 30th 04 11:31 PM
parhelia w/ 3 monitors tony wong Matrox Videocards 16 September 12th 03 03:59 AM