GeForce NVIDIA Settings icons multiple on taskbar

Old December 25th 05, 04:46 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Default GeForce NVIDIA Settings icons multiple on taskbar

I have a computer with a GeForce FX 5200 AGP card in it. Ever since I
had this card over a year ago, it has had problems in XP with
displaying up to 10 icons next to the clock on the taskbar for the
NVIDIA settings icon. The original drivers all the way to the latest
exhibit this problem. If I put my cursor over one of the icons, it
will go away and the taskbar collapse. Then I put my cursor over the
next one and the same happens until there is only one left. Anyone
seen this before or know how to fix it?

Thanks.

JR

Old December 25th 05, 07:55 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

On 12/25/2005 8:46 AM JR brightened our day with:
I have a computer with a GeForce FX 5200 AGP card in it. Ever since I
had this card over a year ago, it has had problems in XP with
displaying up to 10 icons next to the clock on the taskbar for the
NVIDIA settings icon. The original drivers all the way to the latest
exhibit this problem. If I put my cursor over one of the icons, it
will go away and the taskbar collapse. Then I put my cursor over the
next one and the same happens until there is only one left. Anyone
seen this before or know how to fix it?

Thanks.

JR

I'd assume what's happening is the nvidia run a dll as an app
(rundll.exe) is starting and failing several times during boot up for
some reason. You should check Control PanelAdministrative ToolsEvent
Viewer, Applications and System and check for errors.
The right way to fix it would be to do a complete uninstall of the
nvidia drivers, then use driver cleaner, then reinstall. Search google
for "nVidia driver clean install" to find some more info.
You can also just go into the nVidia control panel/display properties
and under "Tools" uncheck Enable Taskbar icon. That will get rid of
that systray icon completely.

--
"I did not have misleading relations with those facts"

George W

Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
www.inglostadt.com