QUIETEST hi-performance PCI-E card?

Old November 5th 05, 06:57 PM
bowgus

Default QUIETEST hi-performance PCI-E card?

I like my Asus A8N-SLI (AMD though) with it's "Cool and Quiet" option ...
maybe there's an Intel equivalent. Useful when just browing etc or when
powering my DPL projector ... watching movies. A few years ago I went back
to Intel but I tell you ... the quality, features of this nForce chipset
(ok, only one chip) and the quality, features of this AMD 4000+ and
heatsink/fan now exceed Intel ... imo.

"darius" wrote in message
What is they QUIETEST high performance PCI-E card I can get?

I know Gigabyte has a fanless 6600GT and 6800GT, but they seem
overpriced.

I'm looking for something not necessarily fanless but known to be quiet
and gives good price/performance ratio.

My CPU is PENTIUM 4 PRESCOTT DT, 520. 2.8Ghz. Not exactly a screamer,
so I'm not looking to go top of the line for video, just something I can
run current games like battlefield 2 and quake 4 at decent fps.

thanks.

Old November 5th 05, 07:27 PM
KCB

"bowgus" wrote in message
I like my Asus A8N-SLI (AMD though) with it's "Cool and Quiet" option ...
maybe there's an Intel equivalent. Useful when just browing etc or when
powering my DPL projector ... watching movies. A few years ago I went back
to Intel but I tell you ... the quality, features of this nForce chipset
(ok, only one chip) and the quality, features of this AMD 4000+ and
heatsink/fan now exceed Intel ... imo.

He was asking about graphics cards....

Old November 5th 05, 08:28 PM
bowgus

Sure ... and all I'm saying is, upgrading to a hi-performance PCI-E card may
be a disappointment with the 2.8G ... and here's an option that worked for
me.

He was asking about graphics cards....

Old November 6th 05, 05:21 AM
idiscuss

How about a dual core 2.8G?

Old November 6th 05, 07:14 PM
bowgus

I've been happy with nvidia cards ... note I'm not going along with your
cross post to the ati group this time :-) ... BFG 7800, before that XFX6800,
and before that MSI in that order and I've had no problems with any. As to
which nvidia, I suggest do the usual browsing/comparing/reviews till you
find what makes sense to you.

"darius" wrote in message
"bowgus" wrote in

Sure ... and all I'm saying is, upgrading to a hi-performance PCI-E
card may be a disappointment with the 2.8G ... and here's an option
that worked for me.

yeah, this is actually a Dell Dimension 4700 that I original bought for
office use, but now I'm using it as my all purpose machine. So given
that, what card do you recommend to pair with it? Keep in mind I'm only
an occasional gamer.