drivers in WinXP

Old October 26th 05, 01:02 AM

Default drivers in WinXP

I have a Dell with nvidia geforce4 mx 440 AGP 64mb card as a secondary
adapter for dual monitor use. Primary card is ATI radeon 7000. WinXP
SP2 and all latest Win updates. After installing video drivers (either
from Dell or nvidia or even MS) - the adapter and monitor look fine in
device manager, but when I go to activate this as a secondary monitor,
I see an error that "drivers are for an older version of windows" and
it doesn't work. Dells' suggestion is to uninstall SP2, install
drivers, then reinstall SP2 (and I assume all of the later win updates
as well). This seems pretty severe and likely to cause problems on
other applications (and windows lists a bunch that it says could be
damaged by doing this). Is there another way to try to install drivers
for this card?

I have followed the nvidia advice on installation - remove prior
versions, reboot, disable anti-virus software, then reinstall. This
doesn't help.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks