VIVO Composite with 6600GT

Old September 2nd 05, 12:11 PM

Default VIVO Composite with 6600GT

(I posted this a month ago or so but haven't got this fixed)

I've recently bought an nVidia GeForce 6600GT VIVO display adapter, and

I connected my composite video to the adapter (and the audio to Line
In). I am using Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005.

I looked around the nVidia website, and found the page:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/mce_extensions.html. The fourth image is
exactly what I need.
So I followed the instructions, I installed the MCE-enabled ForceWare
and the NVIDIA DVD Decoder trial (although I don't think it's necessary
to watch composite video) and restarted my computer.
In the Media Center, I could find the nVidia display extension, I could

even see the pages on screenshots 1, 2, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 (I couldn't
see what's on screenshot 3 because I only use one monitor).
However for some reason, the display setup skipped #4: whether I use
S-Video, Composite or Component.

Also, when I click on TV settings in MCE, it says I don't have a tuner;

and I don't have "Watch TV" option in MCE.

Note that in other programs, such as Virtual VCR or iuVCR, I can see TV

from the WDM driver, only in Media Center it doesn't seem to find it.

I would like to know how to get it to ask me that, or in any other way
how can I use Composite on Windows Media Center 2005.

Thanks in advance!

Old September 9th 05, 05:00 AM
Cari

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Windows MCE 2005 MUST have a tv tuner card. A VIVO option in MCE will only
import analog video from something like a VCR.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

Old September 10th 05, 10:01 AM

Yes, I want to import video from a VCR (like in the picture
http://www.nvidia.com/docs/IO/23032/...og-Y-Pr-Pb.jpg
). The problem is that this screenshot doesn't show up to me, while all
the others do.

Old September 10th 05, 10:55 AM
David P. Greer

Yes, I want to import video from a VCR (like in the picture
http://www.nvidia.com/docs/IO/23032/...og-Y-Pr-Pb.jpg
). The problem is that this screenshot doesn't show up to me, while all
the others do.

The VIVO feature on your 6600GT supports S-video in and composite in.
I don't know what brand card you have, but it probably does not support
component (RGB) video in. Some, like the MSI, support component video
out, however.

I use an MSI 6600GT VIVO to import video from a VCR. The S-video out of
the VCR is attached to the S-video in on the pigtail connector that came
with the card. If your VCR does not have S-video out, then use the
composite video out (the yellow connector) to connect to the composite
video in connector pigtail. The stereo audio out of the VCR is
connected to the stereo line-in on the sound card.

You need to set up your capture software to use the nVidia WDM Video
Capture as the input device.

Works great!

David
Old September 10th 05, 12:46 PM

I use composite actually, in the screenshot you can see it has
Component/S-Video/Composite.

I currently use FlyDS with nVidia WDM Video Capture and it works well,
but I want to use Windows MCE 2005's Watch TV feature, that's why I
asked.

Do you have any idea how to get it to work? I'm sure it's possible
since the web site I linked to shows it is.