A computer components & hardware forum. HardwareBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » HardwareBanter forum » Video Cards » Nvidia Videocards
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

SLI and multiple monitor gaming

Old August 10th 05, 01:09 AM
mangyrat
external usenet poster

Default SLI and multiple monitor gaming

this was asked in the realtimesoft forum and I was wondering if any one has tried it?

http://www.realtimesoft.com/multimon...&tmpl=UltraMon

the only way to do surround gaming was to use matrox cards before but with today's games matrox is way to slow.

any one with a sli board tried running 3 monitors yet? and if so give some info of what you had to do to get your games or 3d app's working across all 3 monitors or if it didnt work at all.

Old August 10th 05, 06:22 AM
Henrik Tived
external usenet poster

as far as I know, with current SLI compatible card, you can not run SLI in dual display (I wish we could, but currently no luck) one screens goes black, I had hoped that the Quadro card would have been able to offer just a bit more over their much cheaper GeForce cards

however, if you want more monitors, just get yourself 2 7800 cards and run 4 monitors

cheers

Henrik
"mangyrat" wrote in message ...
this was asked in the realtimesoft forum and I was wondering if any one has tried it?

the only way to do surround gaming was to use matrox cards before but with today's games matrox is way to slow.

any one with a sli board tried running 3 monitors yet? and if so give some info of what you had to do to get your games or 3d app's working across all 3 monitors or if it didnt work at all.

Old August 10th 05, 11:34 AM
mangyrat
external usenet poster

what im thinking is a SLI board with 2 - 6800gt's and then not run them in SLI mode and with 3 monitors. but they would need to be one stretched desk top so it would be like the matrox cards that can do surround gaming
"Henrik Tived" wrote in message ...
as far as I know, with current SLI compatible card, you can not run SLI in dual display (I wish we could, but currently no luck) one screens goes black, I had hoped that the Quadro card would have been able to offer just a bit more over their much cheaper GeForce cards

however, if you want more monitors, just get yourself 2 7800 cards and run 4 monitors

cheers

Henrik
"mangyrat" wrote in message ...

Old August 10th 05, 03:53 PM
Henrik Tived
external usenet poster

I have the parhelia 128 as well which can do the job!
I can try later to run three monitors. A friend of mine ran 4x 19" LCD's of two 6800Ultra as a large square

Henrik