DVI video adapter

Old July 30th 05, 04:12 AM
Ray

Default DVI video adapter

My Sony pc has a video adapter, AGP NVIDIA RIVA TNT 2 Model 64 installed. I
would like to buy a new video adapter to use with DVI interface of my LCD
TV/monitor. Can I have your recommended budget card for this setup.

Thanks,

Ray

Old July 30th 05, 05:10 AM
Sune Storgaard

Ray wrote:
My Sony pc has a video adapter, AGP NVIDIA RIVA TNT 2 Model 64
installed. I would like to buy a new video adapter to use with DVI
interface of my LCD TV/monitor. Can I have your recommended budget
card for this setup.

Every card you buy today will smoke a TNT2, so if your happy with the
performance of that (if you dont play games tec), just buy any card with
dvi. I might even suggest a 6200TC , they are much slower than a regular
6200 -which is probably 30 times faster (3D) than your current card, so i
think that will do the trick, and they are fairly cheap (approx $50). A
FX5200 would do the job aswell, bought one second hand for $30. Check your
motherboard first, when purchasing a new gfxcard for an old pc, you can
encounter some incombatibility with agp voltage.

There are some VGA-DVI adapters available, but they cost more than a budget
card. If your going the other way around, they cost $5..which isnt any use
for you

--
This episode is called: "an elephant ****s a pig".
But the networks had it changed to "an elephant makes love to a pig".

Old August 1st 05, 12:29 AM
Ray

Sune,

Thanks for your good advice.

Today, I bought a FX5500 AGP 4-8X card. It works correctly but I could not
find some settings to fit my LCDTV/monitor. Firstly, the native resolution
of my LCD TV/monitor is 1280 x 768 75 Hz but the card has 1280 x 768 60 Hz
only and thus has sync issue. I have to set the card to 1024 x 768 60 Hz.
Is there any way to improve it? The standard plug and play monitor driver
is automatically selected for my LCD TV/monitor.

In addition, my new card is AGP 8x and now is set to 4X. Does the system
board control without any change?

Thanks,

Ray

"Sune Storgaard" wrote in message
Ray wrote:
[...]

Tyan K8S Pro S2882: installing a PCI video card Andy Kuo AMD x86-64 Processors 3 November 6th 04 01:02 AM
New Video Card AGP B&B Musmon Overclocking AMD Processors 1 August 29th 04 02:25 PM
Video memory mapping [email protected] Matrox Videocards 0 June 8th 04 06:33 AM
Video Adapter jimbo Homebuilt PC's 1 April 4th 04 01:10 AM
Radeon 7500 Saphire Windows ME Problem Pamela and Howard Signa Gateway Computers 5 February 17th 04 11:07 PM